• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fantino in/out of VAC: changes in DM/other staff (merged)

I live I an area with a closed office.

I'll decide, likely within the next few months, if my services have diminished.

If I decide they have, I will stop voting CPC for the duration

recceguy said:
If I decide they have, I will stop voting CPC for the duration

Sorry, but you've already posted that you're not voting Conservative
recceguy said:
I will be voting again this time. However, my ballot will be a write in for Libertarian, Rhino or 'None of the above'. Depending how I feel that day.

Just sayin'  :dunno:

I don't doubt the union stuff. It's unfortunate that Fantino is such an easy target for the.m to get press off of. I doubt I'll ever look at Fantino (what is the respectful thing to call him anyways? The minister?) and feel like he's getting treated unfairly.

I like small government. So I guess I understand that the cpc wants "small government"- I think that we start to disagree when it appears that for them wanting to trim the fat means treating people that work for the government like they are mooching.

Journeyman said:
Sorry, but you've already posted that you're not voting Conservative
Just sayin'  :dunno:

Seriously? That's your take away?

Container said:
I like small government. So I guess I understand that the cpc wants "small government"- I think that we start to disagree when it appears that for them wanting to trim the fat means treating people that work for the government like they are mooching.

Concur, the amount of stuff ALL folks want from the government is going beyond what we can afford.  Yes, there is lots of waste, politicans to directors to senior military officers to the average Joe who surfs the net half his work day are all entitled to their entitlements.  We need to mange our expectations. 

As for the CPC, I owe them one on the gun registry and they will get my vote, even though I will hold my nose while doing it.  That was the first real attempt at moving to a big "C" conservative government which is my stream of political belief.  I will nail them next time on my vet benefits if I have to.  It is simply a case that no other party can be trusted not to steal my guns.

Nerf herder said:
I wouldn't sign anything he or his minions are involved in at all.
But they suggest that you 'personalize' the email, noting that "personal comments will give the message much greater impact." 

Leave the same address group, but change the text to something along the lines of "ceasefire.ca is meaningless rabble; you should ignore them as does the rest of the country"  >:D

Journeyman said:
But they suggest that you 'personalize' the email, noting that "personal comments will give the message much greater impact." 

Leave the same address group, but change the text to something along the lines of "ceasefire.ca is meaningless rabble; you should ignore them as does the rest of the country"  >:D
:rofl:

Same as almost every other position he has held. Unpopular cuts have to be made and the powers that be want some idiot to force them down and take the heat. He has made a career of being flamboyantly ignorant and combative. It works like a charm as everyone remembers Fantino being a dick and almost never think of who put him in the position.

Nemo888 said:
Same as almost every other position he has held. Unpopular cuts have to be made and the powers that be want some idiot to force them down and take the heat. He has made a career of being flamboyantly ignorant and combative. It works like a charm as everyone remembers Fantino being a dick and almost never think of who put him in the position.

We finally have a point of agreement.

I gotta sit down and have a drink. The apocalypse is upon us. I'm undecided whether it'll start with a plague of locusts or a downpour of toads.

recceguy said:
We finally have a point of agreement.

I gotta sit down and have a drink. The apocalypse is upon us. I'm undecided whether it'll start with a .........

JD worked for a colleague of ours on Tour.  I am sure it can sooth your thirst for the moment.  Later?  Well that is another question, and one you can ponder as to which taste you prefer.  >:D

George Wallace said:
JD worked for a colleague of ours on Tour.  I am sure it can sooth your thirst for the moment.  Later?  Well that is another question, and one you can ponder as to which taste you prefer.  >:D
]
Any idea where Diz got to?

JD is an occasional thing, normally when I'm around motorcycles for some reason  ::).

I'm a Connemarra or Laphroaig kind of guy, with Bushmills in a pinch.

recceguy said:
]

I'm a Connemarra or Laphroaig kind of guy, with Bushmills in a pinch.

- That kind of rotgut I would expect to see served at McDonalds. Back in my drinkin' days, Jameson led the pack.

hamiltongs said:
Though from the video footage of the "meeting" it's pretty clear he's not the only one in that room that fits your description. For my part, I'm ashamed to have my interests represented by these self-appointed negotiators.

Finally got around to viewing this clip and couldn't agree more. Absolute gong show even before the PSAC shill started. ::)

Jed said:
Spot on. Our best means of accomplishing this is for the new Vets to sign on with the RCL and to change that organization's attitudes from within. Like all human endeavours if we can stop the dick measuring from WWII vets, Korea Vets, Afghan Vets, Peacekeepers, REMFs, Combat Arms and concentrate on what is important, we will all be further ahead.

Good luck with that. You're right but only have to undo about 50 years of neglect on behalf of the RCL (deliberate or not)  and get the "new guys" onboard before the whole organization collapses. Me I'm tired of banging my head against that particular wall, someone else can take over.

Danjanou said:
Finally got around to viewing this clip and couldn't agree more. Absolute gong show even before the PSAC shill started. ::)

Good luck with that. You're right but only have to undo about 50 years of neglect on behalf of the RCL ( deliberate or not)  and get the "new guys" onboard before the whole organization collapses. me I'm tired of banging my head against that particular wall, someon else can take over.

I agree with you there. I will be giving it a try for a few years anyway.

Danjanou said:
I'm tired of banging my head against that particular wall, someone else can take over.
Whoa......that was a deja vu moment.  ;D

Back