• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Family Care Plan (FCP) [Merged]

George, be honest, I don't think you're sorry at all ;)

PuckChaser, exactly.  Putting a child or three in emergency care because a MCpl wants to do a last minute rucksack march an hour earlier doesn't seem acceptable to me.

Tell her to disconnect her answering machine when she gets home and start using caller ID to screen her calls.

There's a massive world of difference between an Alert Recall/Bug Out/Snowball/and a number of other names where a Unit or Base is participating and a power tripping MCpl's assfuckery.

I think some units are using soldiers'  "Family care plan" as an excuse for their own poor planning.  As a supervisor, here is an example;  I call someone at 2000hrs because a morning timing has been moved up 2hrs or because I need an HLVW driver for a last minute 0500hrs task and they said "Warrant, I can't drop the kids off at daycare before 0700hrs and the babysitter that is my "family care plan" is away this week."  I respond with, no problem, I will find someone else this time.

Like it or not, family dynamics have changed.  There is no pool of soldiers having a beer on the couch in the PMQs ready to go at a moments notice because their homemaker wives are there to look after the kids.  The wives work too now, and have jobs that are even less flexible than ours, or she is in the CAF as well, and her supervisor expects to come first occasionally as well.

When a unit takes over IRU, and soldiers are going over their kit in the unit lines making sure it is good to go, they then go home and do their best to verify a working emergency family care plan is in place but this isnt easy, and is rarely a permanent arrangement.

Fanouts, bug outs, quick trains, etc. are an exercise of the system to see who and how many you can get on short notice.  This is a study for the planning process.  It is unrealistic to think you will get everyone in.

Any CO I've had in recent memory put the working hours in the Standing Orders and reserved the ability to bring soldiers in early at his level or perhaps delegated to Coy OC level. 

This just brings me to the beginning of the tread. I can not see a document link. Sorry this is my first time here am I missing something?
Thanks!

File was likely a dead link, I noticed on the bottom one of the DS staff here edited the original post in May. Unless you can contact that original poster, its likely gone.

This site had a problem of severing the link between up-loaded files and the post that they were uploaded with.  I have not noticed it happen in a while, but there are several older posts that no longer contain the attachment they reference and other older posts that do not make sense because a once embedded (but not explicitly mentioned) picture attachment no longer says its thousand + words

I have contacted the OP by SEPCOR to see if he can provide an update or new version of this file.

He did, however, retire relatively recently.

NS

Hey folks, curious to hear from dads or moms out there who have kids.  What ages, do you/can you bring them with you out on parade nights, etc.  if you can't find daycare, have you brought your kids to Remembrance Day events and made them stay beside a tree. 
Basically interested in hearing about how you managed your kids.
Also is there open mic nights where you can take your kids to tour different armouries (besides the regular open-to-the-public nights).

TIA

Back