• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fallen Comrades (serving Canadian military)

The Internment for WO Ian Culbertson will take place at the Beechwood National Military Cemetery, in Ottawa on Thurs. 06 Nov. 08. at 1100hrs.
Sad final parade for this venerable ole soldier, rightly taking his place amongst those many distinguished ranks and files

(Mods, not sure if you want to move this to the ongoing chain in the more common thread for all serving members instead of this individual one, your call)

Rec'd this throught the Engineer net earlier this week.  I dare say that Al was quite the character. I know that I'll miss him as will many others.

CHIMO Boss Beaver!
Chipper out.

Subject: Notification of death/Avis de décès - MWO A.M. Pernitzky - CE Supt

This message is distributed to CME Family members using the "BCC" mailing feature
Ce message est distribué aux membres de la famille du GMC en utilisant la charactéristique de poste "CCI"

It is with great sadness that we advise of the passing of MWO Al Pernitzky, CE Supt, 15 Wing Moose Jaw, as the result of a car accident at 0725hrs Tue 8 Sep.

Our thoughts are with his wife, Donna, and his two sons, Derek and Tyson, during this difficult time.

Arrangements are pending and notice will be issued when known.

Eye In The Sky said:
I just saw that WO Culbertson passed away on the 8th of October, 2008.  I worked with and got to know Ian around 1998 until 2000, in Gagetown where he, at that time, was mostly working as a Crse WO for leaderhip courses.  He was a respected man, both for his knowledge and his way of saying it like it was.  He was a walking book of knowledge and experience.  I had bumped into him numerous times on trips to Gagetown between 2001-2006, and it was always good to catch up and hear some more of his stories and jokes.  The last I heard, he was working as a Harassment Advisor or something of that nature (or so I had heard) which, for anyone that knew him, was something that got a chuckle or two.

RIP Ian.

- Ian Culbertson and I were course candidates on Basic Parachute Course serial 7402 at the Canadian Airborne Center, CFB Edmonton, Alberta, Jan - Feb 1974.

CWO Bobby Girourad.

We were course mates on the Small Arms Course in 87.  I saw his memorial in KAF. All the troops I know from 2 VP who were with him in Afghanistan admired and respected him.

That in itself says what kind of man he was.

RIP Bob

CWO Girourad was the DSM and then CCSOR here at Meaford. He was excellent, backing the staff and fighting for what was right. And not being afraid to call a spade a spade.

Regardless of the fact that he wasn't currently a serving member of the CF, I still felt this was the most suited place for this.

"The long time Fire Chief in Windsor NS passed away this morning.
Fred Fox was 56.
Fox first joined the Windsor Fire Department when he was 18 years old and dedicated 38 years to the fire service including nearly 20 years as Chief.
He'd been on sick leave from the department for the past year. "

I know there's a number of members here who have lived in the Valley area, and I know all the fire departments around here work closely with one another, so I thought I'd post this.

The fire department had planned on presenting Chief Fox with a golden axe during their annual banquet on November 7th. But during the last few weeks it was not expected that he would still be here, due to his condition failing.
Just days before the banquet and his passing, the fire dept formed up in full dress uniform, closed down the street he lived on, and marched to his house where he was presented the axe.
After being presented the axe, he himself sounded a bell three times; a traditional way of announcing that a firefighter has fallen.

:cdn: 

Oddball

It is with great sadness to announce the
unexpected passing of Lieutenant (Navy) James Felix Sebe on April 21,
2010, peacefully in his sleep. James will be forever in the hearts of his parents Jeanne and
Alex, dear brother to Albert, Sanyi (Lisa), and dear Uncle to Sasha and
Liam, He will be gre...atly missed by his spouse Marianne, stepson Jacob...,
Godparents Pierre Markon and Lucie Thistle. James was a very proud Team
Captain of the 2009 SkyHawks. James will also be missed by his Aunts,
Uncles, cousins, friends and colleagues.Funeral will be held at
Saint-Leon Church, 4311 De Maisonneuve West at 11:00 am on Wednesday,
April 28. Reception to be held afterwards at The Royal Montreal
Regiment, 4625 Ste-Catherine Street West. James Sebe 1969 to 2010.

This has not been a good couple weeks......

For those who knew him Cpl Trevor Jones, a Reserve RMS Clerk from London Passed away Suddenly last Wednesday

He will be missed.

CWO Pedro Rosa, CD OMM, passed away suddenly 3 June 2011.
My sincere condolences to his friends, family and loved ones.
http://www.cardinalfuneralhomes.com/services/servicedetails.aspx?section=6&obid=201763

Pte Damon Souliere, 33 Svc Bn.  Suddenly and tragically as the result of an automobile accident on Saturday afternoon May 28, 2011 in his 19TH year.

http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary/351333/Souliere-Pte-Damon.php

dapaterson said:
Pte Damon Souliere, 33 Svc Bn.  Suddenly and tragically as the result of an automobile accident on Saturday afternoon May 28, 2011 in his 19TH year.

http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary/351333/Souliere-Pte-Damon.php

Please pass our condolences to the family, friends and comrades of Pte Souliere. Far too young.

RIP Soldier.... :salute: :cdn:

Capt Joe Dickie, 1 Cdn Air Div AOC passed away 6 Jun 11 of natural causes.

My condolences to Capt Dickie's family and friends. RIP Sir.

Guy Incognito said:
Capt Joe Dickie, 1 Cdn Air Div AOC passed away 6 Jun 11 of natural causes.

My condolences to Capt Dickie's family and friends. RIP Sir.

My condolences to the family, friends and comrades of Capt Dickie. RIP sir!! :salute: :cdn:

It is with great sadness that I have to say that MCpl Dean Benoit (Sig Op) died in a single vehicle accident last night on his way home.  Dean was a member of CFJSR in Kingston.  I will update with any information I get WRT funeral details.

Carry on Dean  :salute:

CWO Donald David Paul, past RSM of 2RCHA, 49 Fd Regt and Blackdown Army Cadet Camp  - Suddenly at home on Sunday, July 17th, 2011 in his 61st year. Donald David Paul of Petawawa, beloved husband of Donna Paul (nee Magrum). Loving father of Linda (Darryl Wagner) of Petawawa, Jennifer of Pembroke and Kevin (Robyn) of Pembroke. Caring grandfather of Kaitlin, Megan, Sarah, Cassandra, Vincent, Justin and Chloe. Dear son of Donald Sr. and the late Lillian Paul. Dear brother of Sharon (Roger) Marriott, Wayne (Mary) and Michael (Debbie) Paul, all of Halifax. Visitation was at the NEVILLE FUNERAL HOME, 491 Isabella Street, Pembroke. A Funeral Mass with Military Honours was held at St. Francis of Assisi Chapel, CFB Petawawa on Monday, July 25th, 2011  CWO Paul was Interred at the Beechwood National Military Cemetery, Ottawa. As an expression of sympathy, donations to the Ontario SPCA - Renfrew County Branch would be appreciated.

R.I.P., "Dog".

211RadOp said:
It is with great sadness that I have to say that MCpl Dean Benoit (Sig Op) died in a single vehicle accident last night on his way home.  Dean was a member of CFJSR in Kingston.  I will update with any information I get WRT funeral details.

I'm in complete shock at this news, I was only talking to him yesterday. 

God Bless you Deano, I'm going to miss you real bad buddy!  See ya on the other side.

211RadOp said:

My deepest condolences to the family. Rest in Peace  :cdn: :salute:

MCpl Dean Benoit's Obituary.

http://www.inmemoriam.ca/view-announcement-248916-dean-benoit.html

Dean has proudly served his country since enlisting in 2002 and has included deployments to Africa, Afghanistan and Haiti.
Dean Benoit, in his 35th year, suddenly as the result of a motor vehicle accident, on Thursday, August 11, 2011. Affectionately known as "Gussy" by his loving wife of 12 years, Leann (nee Welsh) of Verona, Ontario. Sadly missed by his children Madisen and Noah. Dear son of Isaac and the late Helen Benoit. Also fondly remembered by Leann's family: her parents Joyce and Christopher Welsh, sister Crystal Rumbolt (Robert), nieces Lilly and Leah, grandparents Helen and Wallace Maynard. Predeceased by his grandparents Peter and Priscilla Benoit and Augustus and Ivy Hynes, as well as Leann's grandparents Mary and Israel Welsh. Dean will be missed by numerous friends and colleagues. In keeping with Dean's wishes, cremation has taken place. The family will receive friends at the JAMES REID FUNERAL HOME, 1900 John Counter Boulevard, Kingston, Ontario, on Monday, August 15, between the hours of 2:00 - 4:00 pm and 7:00 - 9:00 pm. Funeral service at KINGSTON GOSPEL TEMPLE, 2295 Princess Street, on Tuesday, August 16 at 2:00 pm. As expression of sympathy, donations may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society or the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Dean would have wanted to be remembered for his colourful life and his family requests that everyone wear bright apparel to the visitation and service.

RIP MCpl Benoit  :salute: :cdn:

Please pass on our condolences to the family, friends and comrades in arms of MCpl Benoit.

This saddens me.

With much sadness I pass along that Maj Sharon Broadbent died today, losing her battle with cancer. She was the A3 Aerospace Coordinator at 1 Cdn Air Div in Winnipeg.

Obit and funeral details as they become available.

RIP Ma'am. You will be missed.

Back