• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

F-16 Gets a New Paint Scheme

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
The new arctic paint scheme looks very neat. :)

071206f8547m201pv9.jpg

Kunsan Airmen paint arctic F-16 for Eielson
Senior Airman Matthew Wuensch checks the stencil alignment for the finishing touches on an F-16 Fighting Falcon at Kunsan Air Base, South Korea. Airman Wuensch is with the 8th Maintenance Squadron fabrication flight. (U.S. Air Force photo/Chief Master Sgt. William McElligot)

071130f8362b220yi9.jpg

071130f8362b209ce7.jpg

Kunsan Airmen paint arctic F-16 for Eielson
Staff Sgt. Cory Goines thumbs through a technical order manual for finishing instructions while Senior Airmen Kevin Stevens and Matt Wuensch take care of the final details on a newly painted arctic scheme F-16 Fighting Falcon Nov 30 at Kunsan Air Base, South Korea. All are aircraft structural maintenance journeymen with the 8th Maintenance Squadron, which painted the aircraft in preparation for an upcoming Eielson/Kunsan F-16 swap. The aircraft is the first unit to have the arctic scheme. (U.S. Air Force photo/ Tech. Sgt. Quinton T. Burris)

I didn't notice any story link so here it is :

http://www.af.mil/news/story_media.asp?id=123078440

Very nice... but how am I going to be able to see it when it's painted in a camouflage scheme?

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Very nice... but how am I going to be able to see it when it's painted in a camouflage scheme?
You're not.... cause it's paitned camouflage (silly) !  :)

One of the most beautiful fighter aircraft ever just got even more beautiful.

Gotta love the black/grey/white scheme - looks really nice.

Any idea if these will be used as Aggressors during the Exercises up there?

Bandit

Would be nice to see them hop down to 4 Wing to help in Maple Flag next year... :)

What would one have to do to arrange a base tour up there?  Public Affairs?

Bandit

That looks really nice! :) maybe we should paint ours too ;) CADPAT Arctic Pattern... all white with little blocks of gray and black... nice! ;D

Bandit1 said:
Would be nice to see them hop down to 4 Wing to help in Maple Flag next year... :)

What would one have to do to arrange a base tour up there?  Public Affairs?

Bandit

Yes.Eilson is 25 miles from Fairbanks. I suggest spring/summer. ;D

http://www.eielson.af.mil/

*MedGrinch* said:
maybe we should paint ours too ;) CADPAT Arctic Pattern... all white with little blocks of gray and black...

... I'd tap that.  8)
(the said 'tapping' can also be applied to some of the ships in the 'sexy frigate/destroyer' thread)

Ooooh, purdy! ;D

*MedGrinch* said:
That looks really nice! :) maybe we should paint ours too ;) CADPAT Arctic Pattern... all white with little blocks of gray and black... nice! ;D
That would be sweet :D

*MedGrinch* said:

Funny you should say that, I've always felt the CF18 would look great in CADPAT.

I'm all decked out for winter....I'll see ya in January!!  ;D

Bandit

Back