• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Eyeball Tattoo

Trinity

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
No, you didn't read the title wrong.

Tattoo's on your eyeball. 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article853274.ece

Not posting the pics for the squeamish.  Feel free to go to the link for that.

The freaky procedure was carried out to turn a body-art fan's eye blue.

And it took FORTY insertions of the needle to get the job done.

Volunteer Pauly Unstoppable, from Canada, has perfect vision but jumped at the chance to be the first punter.

See the toe-curling shots in the gallery below. But be warned - the pictures are very graphic.
Brave Pauly said he had full confidence in the team working on him - but urged people not to try it at home.

Advertisement

He added: "The procedure was extensively researched and done by people who were aware of the risks and possible complications and that it should not be casually attempted.

"Now that this experiment has been started, please wait for us to either heal or go blind before trying it."

What the hell was he inking?

I'm squeamish, so thank for the "no pic" part.

I saw something like (after the tattoing) in television. All the white of the eyes was colored.
I wonder if they see the world in color.

I wonder if they could get on the eye transplant list when they grew tired of it... ;)
"But docteur, I can't get that tat erased!"  ;D

Eeewwww..I'm with Yrys

And I thought my inner-wrist tat was painful...

an I predict that he goes blind in a few months... weeee! Stupidity!

Yrys - He shouldn't see in odd colours, unless some of the ink got into the cornea or the vitreous humour of the eye.

As for transplants, as far as I know we've yet to be able to reattach optical nerves.

This guy is essentially a madman. Everywhere he goes from now on you know what question he is going to get, maybe he'll like the attention?

I checked out the pics as I'm not that squeamish. 
Glad the person doing the tattoo wore gloves because the fingernails of the hand holding the eye open in the third shot looked like those of a gardener!  :-X

As far as the guy getting that done......
stupid.gif

PMedMoe said:
Glad the person doing the tattoo wore gloves because the fingernails of the hand holding the eye open in the third shot looked like those of a gardener!  :-X
img]http://209.85.12.231/2143/31/emo/stupid.gif[/img]

I think the fingernails holding the eye open grossed me out more than anything Moe!... I can just imagine the trouble I'd be in if I touched a "patient" (coursemate) like that at school!

As for the eye tattoo, I'm sure a ton of people would love the gift of eyesight since he obviously doesn't care about it too much.  ::)

I'm positive I've seen an experimental eye tattoo on the internet before...

it look like a muddled mess much like that one.. so perhaps it's not the first...

yea, there actually has been many eye tattoos around on the internet...
what i don't get is why people want a blob of like green or what ever color on their eye...you can't even make out a picture or anything, just proves that they were stupid enough to get poked in the eye with a needle a few hundred times...yippie  ::)
real tattoos are awesome, well most...but these ones, not so much...

Urgh. Not to mention the whites in human eyes are an essential part in face to face communication that allows other people to see what you are looking at. He'll be an outcast just like the guy who got a tat of a skull on his entire face. http://www.boingboing.net/2006/11/14/realistic-skull-tatt.html

Unsettling? Sure.

Breaking barriers in social concepts? Absolutely.

Completely brainless idea?  Definately.  Why would anyone take a chance and screw with their eyesight like that?

never in a million year i would try this...this is...well...how can I say it..."special"....

What, no one would want "black" done? >:D

You'd never have to worry about the enemy if their commander shouted "wait til ya see the whites of their eyes"

And for my fellow Paramedics, now wouldn't this be fair play for some of those "special" patients?

"You think your having a Bad day?" then give them the stare down.

Ya, I'll wait and see if he goes blind...

Old Ranger said:
What, no one would want "black" done? >:D

You'd never have to worry about the enemy if their commander shouted "wait til ya see the whites of their eyes"

You might be on to something. Up 'til now eyeballs were the only place left not covered in cam paint  ;D

Cadpat eyeball tat anyone?  8)

Back