• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Experiance of my own.

JasonH

Inactive
Reaction score
:'(

I am disgusted in myself, how on earth can I fail the apptitude test twice in a row... not only that but manage to do worse!

Reading through a thread earlier I agree that "You only failed yourself".  I obviously for example didn't focus nearly enough on division and decimal (not giving away anything on test there).  And thus I bit the bullet.
I sat outside CFRC Vancouver on it's marble/stone steps wondering what my future will hold for me now as I sat there dumbfounded with my girlfriend.  My 3 other options being Australia, United Kingdom, and French Foreign Legion.

How on earth could I have missed my chances with the CF... why on earth didn't I try harder?  Now my hopes of being an Infanteer are dashed pretty much forever.  I may not retake the test a 3rd time unless I have graduated highschool (I require 7 courses, each costing 350$'s... not a chance).  I'm far from giving up on my dreams of being one day a soldier.  But this has severly hurt me personally with my pride and ego.  Not to mention I feel like a fucking idiot.

Delving into my past with highschool I can see reasons popping up as to why I failed, but I can also see not doing enough did it in for me aswell.  I failed, I failed myself, and I failed Canada as a whole for not truely stepping up.

I'm far from giving up, I'll ponder tonight as I sift through various government websites for the UK, AU, and Fr.  But my desire will just burn and yearn more.  This isn't the last you've seen of me, fuck that.  I'll crawl through hell and brimstone before I give up my chance.

-Jason

do you have a high school diploma? if so, join the united states armed forces, i hear of canadians getting into all branches.

Wondering why you neglected the US? Just curious

I have my grade 10, and yes I've already tried about the marines but they all require a highschool diploma whereas here it's just grade 10.  States seem to be the only top 4 choices that require the highschool diploma, I have no clue why... but whatever.

you should get your GED and apply for the us navy or airforce. i think i am going to go that route next year. a posting to honalulu or japan would be rough.lol

Airforce, no way.  I don't have 20/20 and I'm not mechanically inclined.
Navy... nah.

I'm a ground pounder, I can feel it.  Infantry is where my heart lies.

I plan to get my GED in the new year and move on oversea's, but the marines are tempting.

do you have a high school diploma? if so, join the united states armed forces, i hear of canadians getting into all branches.

Sorry but, how exactly do you plan to get in the United States Military without a green card?

I've looked at that route, and it's not available for myself atleast, and it seems extremely hard to get one nowadays.

Yeah I have my 4 year university degree and looked at getting into the Marines but was told no go so I had to settle for the CF

perhaps this is a message sent from above that you should focus on graduating highschool to get a basic level of education prior to beginning a career of any kind...

the CFAT is very similar to IQ tests I have taken before, besides reviewing basic math theres not much you can really prepare yourself for. If you care about joining the CF so bad, why not finish highschool and try it the 3rd time? Or are you just going to quit right there...

bled12345 said:
the CFAT is very similar to IQ tests I have taken before

So true. For the aptitude and career minded individual, any job or school he or she goes for usually asks for an aptitude test. I successfully went through 3 of them in my career before taking the cfat.

DrSize said:
Yeah I have my 4 year university degree and looked at getting into the Marines but was told no go so I had to settle for the CF

You had to settle ?

WOW, i'm sure glad you are part of the team.  Hopefully, those of us who are here by choice are not too second rate for you.

drsize  -  settle, IMHO you should be pleased and honoured to be a member of the CF.

I have to echo aesop's line of thinking, and not that I consider my time or experience as vast as that of many others here (check my profile or send me an E-mail if you need to know more), but if you feel as though you are settling then maybe you should re-think what other choices are out there for you.

As for you Krazy-P the US Navy would never take you to Sea - there wouldn't be any room for the beans and bullets with all of that hair gel you use.

Chilly

still a funny fucker eh chilly?lol  i have much less hair now. and the navy wont take me because im in the army reserves.lol  still in gagetown??

The recruiter was confused by my tanscripts because I never graduated form HS but I did go to college so i had to explain that i went into to do my GED and i had to take an equivalency test and was actually university level for math and english, so when i applied for my RCA course(resident care attendant) I brought my equivalency results and was admitted because I met their standards.

No issues after that.

Eventually I will go for my GED, but until then, I am enjoying my life.

I never really meant it to come out like that at all.....sometimes it is tough to make out on the internet forums.  I would have just preferred the marines because they compensate their soldiers much better and there are alot more resources...... and they are not liberal like Canada... but nonetheless I was extremely pumped to get into the CF and look forward to a great career in the CF!!

DrSize said:
I never really meant it to come out like that at all.....sometimes it is tough to make out on the internet forums.   I would have just preferred the marines because they compensate their soldiers much better and there are alot more resources...... and they are not liberal like Canada... but nonetheless I was extremely pumped to get into the CF and look forward to a great career in the CF!!

Sorry if i sounded harsh but i take pride in being in the CF regardless of the problems. Glad to hear that you are pumped up and i wish you the best of luck.

I may not retake the test a 3rd time unless I have graduated highschool (I require 7 courses, each costing 350$'s... not a chance). 

$350 per course??  Is it possible for someone from another province to finish a high school diploma in Ontario?  It's free here, and it'd be a lot easier to change provinces than countries I would think.
Regardless, I personally think you're better off to find a way to further your education and then re-apply to the CF rather than go to a foreign military.

Good luck,
Rose79  :cdn:

I might be better off with a career in another military rather than our own considering like an earlier post stated, more resources.  Better chances to expand on a career and generally better experiance whist out in the field (least for the Infantry aspect).

I wanna do the most effective job I can with the work that I'd do.  Marines/French foreign legion might be my best bet I might think.  But than again what do I know.

Plus there's more chances of deployments.

In another post I mentioned that you don't have to pay anythinig to graduate in British Columbia. You are not telling the truth by saying it will cost you money. It is FREE in B.C., it is obvious you just don't want to apply yourself and pass a couple tests so don't go thinking things will change for you elsewhere.

Back