• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Experiance of my own.

sheikyerbouti said:
In another post I mentioned that you don't have to pay anythinig to graduate in British Columbia. You are not telling the truth by saying it will cost you money. It is FREE in B.C., it is obvious you just don't want to apply yourself and pass a couple tests so don't go thinking things will change for you elsewhere.

Although you may be correct that there are no fees for these tests (I honestly don't know) - please don't mistake the lack of fees as equivalent to being "free".

These tests, fees or not, are paid for by the taxpayer - they are NOT "free".

Retired CC said:
Although you may be correct that there are no fees for these tests (I honestly don't know) - please don't mistake the lack of fees as equivalent to being "free".

These tests, fees or not, are paid for by the taxpayer - they are NOT "free".

The taxpayer also loves people who give effort; this is why we decided to support people who have not at graduated from high school.

IR said:
The taxpayer also loves people who give effort; this is why we decided to support people who have not at graduated from high school.

What has that got to do with whether the tests are "free" or not??

Retired CC said:
What has that got to do with whether the tests are "free" or not??

Its free because taxpayers want everyone to graduate in BC. Im not going to turn this into a altercation. You obviously know where im going with this.

IR said:
Its free because taxpayers want everyone to graduate in BC. Im not going to turn this into a altercation. You obviously know where im going with this.

Yes, I do believe I know where you're going with this.

However, I don't want anyone to believe that ANYTHING is "free".  I applaud the fact that these tests may be without fee to the applicant in BC, however - they are NOT free - the BC taxpayer pays for them - whether that is a good use of tax money or not is up to the BC taxpayer - as for me personally (and I've been a taxpayer - non-BC - for a LONG time), I'm all for it.

In BC, it has been found to be in the publics interest to have freely available recourse to finishing High School or attaining Graduation Equivalency. For a number of years, the system charged but it was found that charging adversely affected enrolment rates. Simple economics come into play as an high school educated person makes more income and thus pays higher taxes. The initial outlay, although not 'Free' is certainly recouped in terms of a better educated citizen whom is more productive, healthy and prosperous.

I just think this kid is pulling a few legs and should be held to task. There is plenty of help in this province for anyone willing to improve themselves.

"I might be better off with a career in another military rather than our own considering like an earlier post stated, more resources.  Better chances to expand on a career and generally better experiance whist out in the field (least for the Infantry aspect)."

Sucks to get hard ass advice, but here it is. Highschool is an obstacle you have to overcome. It isn't neccessarily easy, or fun, but some things in life you just have to suck up and face head on. I get the feeling that your urge to join the army, especially a foreign army merely because you do not have the patience or dedication to complete highschool says something to me. It says that you are afraid to take the challenge, afraid to measure yourself up to the rest of society... Afraid to graduate highschool. When it comes to excuses for not completing highschool, I know them all because *GASP* I was a highschool drop out to.

If you don't have the strength to suck it up and face highschool, the lowest milestone of achievement we have in this great country... What on earth makes you think you have the strength to face a military career?

I may not retake the test a 3rd time unless I have graduated highschool

Sorry but you need a little more than that.  A third attempt or possible waiver of previous CFAT results will require that the applicant complete a post-secondary level of education either a university degree or a college diploma relevant to the occupation that the applicant is applying for. Good luck wherever you decide to go to.

sheikyerbouti said:
In BC, it has been found to be in the publics interest to have freely available recourse to finishing High School or attaining Graduation Equivalency. For a number of years, the system charged but it was found that charging adversely affected enrolment rates. Simple economics come into play as an high school educated person makes more income and thus pays higher taxes. The initial outlay, although not 'Free' is certainly recouped in terms of a better educated citizen whom is more productive, healthy and prosperous.

I just think this kid is pulling a few legs and should be held to task. There is plenty of help in this province for anyone willing to improve themselves.

This was the information provided, I am not pulling any 'legs'.  Just some info a few people gave me, after my trip from france (plan to visit Juno/Dieppe with the gf) I'm going to look into GED/Highschool/etc.

kincanucks said:
I may not retake the test a 3rd time unless I have graduated highschool

Sorry but you need a little more than that.  A third attempt or possible waiver of previous CFAT results will require that the applicant complete a post-secondary level of education either a university degree or a college diploma relevant to the occupation that the applicant is applying for. Good luck wherever you decide to go to.

Well that conflicts with what the Recruiter said but we all know recruiters tend to be 'mis-informing'.  But in any case like I said once I get back in january I'll have a much better time makeing my decision.

Highschool was in a pain in the ass yes, I only really liked the physical aspects of doing it.  And going back when I'll be 20 within 8 months isn't helping either.  I've accepted the fact that I am a labourer, I'd kill myself or shoot up an office if stuck behind a cubicle.  I'm better off with my hands than typing up data sheets with a computer or other stuff.  Army appeals to me like you wouldn't believe and I hope my trip to Juno and other war memorials will give me a better understanding of what I must do and hopefully help me 'find myself' I suppose.  Plus it's out of respect for my great uncle who's bomber was shot down and my grandpa who was a Drill Instructor.

JasonH said:
Well that conflicts with what the Recruiter said but we all know recruiters tend to be 'mis-informing'.  But in any case like I said once I get back in january I'll have a much better time makeing my decision.

I'd suggest you take a look at kincanucks profile, and his various postings on these forums - then quickly apologize.  Failing that - grab a flak and a helmet, you're going to need them.

JasonH said:
Highschool was in a pain in the ass yes, I only really liked the physical aspects of doing it.  And going back when I'll be 20 within 8 months isn't helping either.  I've accepted the fact that I am a labourer, I'd kill myself or shoot up an office if stuck behind a cubicle.  I'm better off with my hands than typing up data sheets with a computer or other stuff.  Army appeals to me like you wouldn't believe and I hope my trip to Juno and other war memorials will give me a better understanding of what I must do and hopefully help me 'find myself' I suppose.  Plus it's out of respect for my great uncle who's bomber was shot down and my grandpa who was a Drill Instructor.

I doubt you'll gain any understanding of what you "must do" simply by gawking at some memorials. 

As far as "finding" yourself; as I understand it you're a fairly young fella', and apparently one given to romanticizing his angst (which angst is normal in young fella's).  I can offer this advice - the FIRST step in "finding oneself" is realizing that you're NOT LOST.  YOU'RE RIGHT THERE, the need for further searching for oneself rapidly disappears after you come to this realization.

At any rate - good luck to you - if you're going to wander about the world, put some Kant or Kafka into your knapsack - I have a feeling you'll love it.

Edit: grammar

Well that conflicts with what the Recruiter said but we all know recruiters tend to be 'mis-informing'.

Perhaps after seeing you fail the CFAT two times he wanted to give some hope but honestly you have none unless you do what I have already stated.  Good Luck.

Jason, it took me 6 years to pass high school. I knew a guy who was *22* and still in high school but as far as I know, he finished.. Yes, I had some family problems that distracted me, I had some poor motivation for ambition but regardless of that I realized that in today's world having your diploma is almost mandatory if you want to "follow your dreams". So, you didn't get into the army right yet, put that in the back of your mind now and go out and find a solution to getting your GED. The army will always be there, relax...

In any case, good luck with everything .. I hope it all works out positively..

Cheers

Sorry kin and CC for coming off a bit cocky or whatever, reading back to what I said I see I said something other than what I ment.

But in any case I'll be emailing this Career couns. and seeing if I can get some more info about this all.  As far as everything else is concerned I'm still going to be putting in the forms for my Greencard whilst I get my Passport come the 20th or so.  I need some time away from home so when I come back hopefully I'll be nice and refreshed to take on these new challanges.

JasonH said:
Sorry kin and CC for coming off a bit cocky or whatever, reading back to what I said I see I said something other than what I ment.

But in any case I'll be emailing this Career couns. and seeing if I can get some more info about this all.   As far as everything else is concerned I'm still going to be putting in the forms for my Greencard whilst I get my Passport come the 20th or so.   I need some time away from home so when I come back hopefully I'll be nice and refreshed to take on these new challanges.

Take care, and good luck.

Let us know how you make out.

HEllo all , i know this may have been posted before. I am confused to which education transcript i should submit

I am applying to regular force.
I have college diploma and all my high school and grade 12.

What high school transcripts does the recruiting office need? all of my high school? grade 10 only? or grade 12?
thank you

koss78a said:
HEllo all , i know this may have been posted before. I am confused to which education transcript i should submit

I am applying to regular force.
I have college diploma and all my high school and grade 12.

What high school transcripts does the recruiting office need? all of my high school? grade 10 only? or grade 12?
thank you

You need to provide [size=10pt][size=10pt]all [/size] [/size] transcripts and diplomas that have been issued to you.

kincanucks said:
You need to provide all transcripts and diplomas that have been issued to you.
I think you should have put more emphasis on the word ALL     ;D

Back