• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex Trident Fury 13 photos and video

M

MikeL

According to the photo captions,  the soldiers from R22eR are Pathfinders and there are also Clearance Divers from FDU(Pacific) and FDU(Atlantic) with them as well.

Static Line Square water jump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OTyn_IQVl8&feature=youtu.be
Canadian Armed Forces members from the Royal 22e Régiment in Valcartier, Quebec, perform a static line parachute jump from a CC-130J Hercules aircraft off the West Coast of Vancouver Island for exercise TRIDENT FURY on 8 May 2013. Des parachutistes des Forces armées canadiennes issus du Royal 22e Régiment, à Valcartier (Québec), exécutent un saut à ouverture automatique au large de la côte Ouest de l'île de Vancouver, depuis un avion CC130J Hercules, le 8 mai 2013, dans le cadre de l'exercice Trident Fury.

server1d.jpg

serverwc.jpg

10488260.jpg

u9ikykr.jpg

ujuje.jpg

yjdyjyj.jpg

-Skeletor- said:
According to the photo captions,  the soldiers from R22eR are Pathfinders and there are also Clearance Divers from FDU(Pacific) and FDU(Atlantic) with them as well.

server1d.jpg

serverwc.jpg

10488260.jpg

u9ikykr.jpg

ujuje.jpg

yjdyjyj.jpg

a.k.a. 'Jolly Jumping' 

Real paratroopers pile in to a hard DZ at night in the rain with a 100lb container on their legs then get dragged 500 metres by stupid strong winds... or maybe not  ;D

1_zps4f03c69b.jpg

Jumpmaster, Sergeant Marc-Andre Fraser checks Corporal Mikel Dube’s parachute straps before a jump near Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt, British Columbia during Exercise TRIDENT FURY 13 on May 8, 2013.

2_zpse78f7768.jpg

3_zps9044ed08.jpg

4_zpsb9746f89.jpg

5_zpse3ae82a4.jpg

Corporal Philippe Morin feels the wind pushing up on his flippers as he jumps out of a Royal Canadian Air Force CC-130 Hercules aircraft near Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt, British Columbia during Exercise TRIDENT FURY 13 on May 8, 2013.

6_zpsa6cf2aaa.jpg

7_zps715926fe.jpg

8_zps875af25f.jpg

9_zps1b351166.jpg

Members of the Fleet Diving Unit (Pacific) Clearance Divers and Canadian Army Patrol Pathfinders make their way to shore near Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt, British Columbia to conduct a beach landing site reconnaissance during Exercise TRIDENT FURY 13 on May 9, 2013.

11_zps57eec9e1.jpg

10_zps772b408f.jpg

1_zps1ec70590.jpg

Members of the Fleet Diving Unit (Pacific) Clearance Divers and Canadian Army Patrol Pathfinders catch a ride on a rigid hull inflatable boat navigated by members from the United States Navy’s Explosive Ordinance Disposal Mobile Unit 1, off the shores of Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt, British Columbia during Exercise TRIDENT FURY 13 on May 9, 2013.

2_zpsb2f2a358.jpg

Sailors with the Royal Canadian Navy navigate rigid hull inflatable boats carrying soldiers from the Royal 22nd Regiment, to conduct a beach landing near Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt, British Columbia during Exercise TRIDENT FURY 13 on May 9, 2013.

2b_zpsbd579e05.jpg

Sergeant Patrick Murphy, a member of the Canadian Army Patrol Pathfinders from the Royal 22nd Regiment, prepares to jump into the Pacific Ocean near the shores of Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt, British Columbia on May 7, 2013 to conduct a beach landing site reconnaissance during Exercise TRIDENT FURY 13.

2a_zpsc6580492.jpg

Private Emanuel Defresne positions his C9 light machine gun on the rigid hull inflatable boat as he and his section move toward shore to conduct a beach landing near Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt British, Columbia during Exercise TRIDENT FURY 13 on May 9, 2013.

3_zpsecee3aec.jpg

Soldiers from the Royal 22nd Regiment jump off their rigid hull inflatable boat near Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt, British Columbia as part of a beach landing exercise during Exercise TRIDENT FURY 13 on May 9, 2013.

4_zps5c3e5704.jpg

7_zps2d115f86.jpg

Medic, Corporal Marc Savoie provides protection while his team changes after a beach landing site reconnaissance near Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt, British Columbia during Exercise TRIDENT FURY 13 on May 9, 2013.

but... but ... I saw their faces. Does that mean I have to eat my own head now?  ;D

I had seen something like that in Afghanistan. I was told that it's a modular Australian style that's supposed to be issued based on role (i.e. basic kit, c9 kit, etc). we got quite a few of them back during the closeout of KAF.

bLUE fOX,  you are thinking of the SORD rig that has been issued out to some Task Forces.

In the below photo, it looks like he is wearing a LBT 6094 plate carrier or something similar.
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/USAF/Canadian%20Forces/7_zps2d115f86.jpg

Definitely a LBT 6094 or a Eagle Ind MMAC, I wonder if the guy had armour inserts in it, the picture doesn't really tell. Seems like the Recce elements are a little more lenient with kit.

-Skeletor- said:

u9ikykr.jpg

It looks almost as if he has that "Where the F*ck are we look" as tries to sort out his grid square.

IRepoCans said:
Seems like the Recce elements are a little more lenient with kit.

I'm pretty confident that the plate carrier worn is not private purchase,  but was issued. Also,  I'd bet it is a Navy Clearance diver with it as well.

Photo of a member of FDU(Pacific) last year wearing a LBT 6094.
http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/120716-F-MQ656-037.jpg

Nice to see the Petzl chest harnesses and omni 'biners getting covered in salt water for the sake of holding a weapon sling to the body. could they not have used tube nylon and the cheapo aluminum biners?

reviewing the video various places online, and the comments here and there, I wonder why it always turns into a critique of how they go about their business? Im guilty of it as well lots of times- but it just always seems like it turns into sour faces because someone had a good day at work. Not at anyone in particular- like I said I ve dont it too- it just always twists.

While I have lots of jumping under my belt, and quite a few dives- Ive never jumped out of a plane in surface swim gear- it looks awkward but it seems like a pretty slick day in the office.

But the question I have is- FDU has jumpers? Or just remusters?

Inquiring minds!

Container said:
But the question I have is- FDU has jumpers? Or just remusters?

I was wondering that too;  I remember awhile back a Clearance Diver posted here looking for info on the Basic Recce Patrolman course as he(and I assume others) were course loaded.  Perhaps this group also went on a Static Square serial?

There are a few (mostly remusters) but I'm curious as to why there is a distinct lack of Combat Divers doing this Combat Diver task  ???

The combat divers are too busy changing all the letterheads in Dive Stores to read 'RCE' vice 'CME'.

Towards_the_gap said:
The combat divers are too busy changing all the letterheads in Dive Stores to read 'RCE' vice 'CME'.

Punching the "Leading Change" ticket no doubt. ;)

Towards_the_gap said:

Right. Main effort and all that.

I can recall a time when getting out there and doing the do actually WAS the main effort  :'(

They are all cam'd up so you can't see them. :nod:

Back