• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex-Ombudsman Pat Stogran has PTSD

I hope Pat Stogran will get any help he needs - which is not always the case. My heart goes out to all servicemembers and veterans suffering from these wounds (and they are wounds).

As an aside, does anyone else reading the anonymous Gnr's story in the "Battle Scars" series of articles think it's a little fishy?

Fishy?  The gunner's story reeks of bovine excrement however, CBC editors would have confirmed their claims before publishing the story, right? 

Wow.. that guy must have seen a lot...  ::) Maybe he was the JTF2 guy I met in Moncton working the counter at the Best Western until he gets his police job...

That story is the most ridiculous piece of horse**** I have ever read.  Sounds like something straight out of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six.  I cannot even believe that CBC would print that!  TBH I thought I was reading the National Enquirer  :facepalm:

At least they interviewed a Cpt... *eyeroll*

*edit* Oh wait.. I hadn't read the articles yet.. Can I get posted to Gagetown, PEI?

Strongly worded e-mail sent to producer.

Hopefully Keith's story will be pulled down shortly with an apology issued. As a veteran I'm pissed. I'm even more pissed as a journalist. Simple fact checking would have gone a long way.

dan7108 said:
Strongly worded e-mail sent to producer.

Hopefully Keith's story will be pulled down shortly with an apology issued. As a veteran I'm pissed. I'm even more pissed as a journalist. Simple fact checking would have gone a long way.

It was pulled from the story, some of the other stuff in the other stories doesn't make sense either.  Clearly the journalist was looking to do a smear piece on DND but his facts in most cases are all wrong.

Bzzliteyr said:
At least they interviewed a Cpt... *eyeroll*

*edit* Oh wait.. I hadn't read the articles yet.. Can I get posted to Gagetown, PEI?

It's an evolution in the CF rank structure, a Cpl and Capt hybrid, we can call it a Corptain (Cpt). 

Back