• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Everyone With a Black Beret?

nope,
no "bright ideas" here
:)

and i think that Pride in your Regiment is most important.

ACER ACERPORI

Nulli Secundus

My point was not to worry about what particular amalgamations make sense, or what the appropriate jewelry design would be. My point was to determine whether it is the bauble that carries the history, or the organization which it represents. Evidently there is a conceit in some quarters that pretty ornaments on a uniform are what count, and only if they are regimental.

My belief: Pride of nation should precede pride of army should precede pride of corps should precede pride of unit.

Brad if you‘re that badly in need of an education regarding the regimental system, then I guess this conversation is over. Just as well, since we‘ve had it before.

Sound to me like someone‘s mad that they don‘t get to wear a real capbadge.

I understand the regimental system. Unfortunately, too many people warp the concept to be "my regiment".

I did wear a "real" cap badge briefly and felt no differently after a change of location, unit, trade, and badge. Wearing the regimental badge in an infantry or armoured unit is an excellent idea. I simply question the assumption that certain badges have "no history" or an implication that some are inherently more worthwhile in some unquantifiable sense.

Back