• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Eric, Prince Of Blackwater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just chance the title to "Petamocto Blathers On With Self Importance and Blinders and Hijacks a Thread" so we can save other threads in the future?

The only way someone hijacks a thread is when other fools follow.

(I do agree with some of the comments Petamocto has made - but that doesn't mean that I disagree with the responders pov either, just that their response have been more of a cornered-badger style) :pop:

Now, back on topic, I think Mr Prince is probably a great guy. His problem is the speech style he is used to using - more like the blustering US Army/Marine DS which reporters don't get but like to quote out of context.
Is it reckless? Maybe.
Can it get the troops fired up? yes; in trouble? maybe.
Should we be more careful in our choice of words? Yes.

It is not about being authentic or honest when we speak in public. You can still express yourself in a way that your audience identifies with you without giving the agenda-driven media many chances to use your words out of context. Just look a Gen Hillier's speeches - they were all very carefully crafted; sure there were some sound-bites that made some people uncomfortable, but in a strict sense, he did not cross the line (whatever that is).

cheers,
Frank

This topic needs a rest - lock in place for at least the next 24 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back