• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Equipment Proficiency

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Mike,

Is it possible to have a look at equipment proficiency, and see how it relates to both CE gained, and the resources used?

For example, as you get better with a C-7 rifle, you will need less rounds expended to hit the same number of targets, so the higher your skill with the tool, the LESS expendables you should need.

Also, when looking at the expendables used for missions, for example, on a gate sentry shift, is it not likely that no rounds will be fired, rather than all of them?  Can we look at the expendables used in some of these missions and perhaps as the proficiency goes up, the expendable stores used goes down? 

IE, you still need 8x 5.56mm Ball to DO the mission, you may only expend a few of the rounds, you instead of using all 8, you may only use 4, or perhaps 6 of them.  This should be based on the user's skill with the weapons involved.

In some cases, ie flex-cuffs, C-4, and Flash-bangs, POL, etc, the stores will be used, but can the above be factored in?

NS

Oh yeah, WRT CE Gained, as you increase proficiency with the equipment you use, can the CE gained from completing the mission go up a bit?

NS

I think the game is based a lot on balance, and there are some missions that require Milpoints but also have a higher CE payoff. It would require a lot of tweaking to make this work. That being said, things like ammo and pyro could have a random generator use up part/all of the total mission requirement.

As for equipment proficiency, there are levels later one where it makes a HUGE difference in whether you can even complete the mission or not. Some of those missions are very high on the CR:CE ratio, and if your equipment is at a lower level, you won't be able to successfully complete them.

I see where NS is coming from, it is getting very expensive, especially the tactic I am using. However it certainly makes one choose one tactic over another and I don't see it as a bad thing necessarily.

Back