• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

I'm 19, name's Nathan, from Ottawa selected for Naval Comms, I'll be there on the 28th as well.
Just a shot in the dark, but I know some people aren't as fortunate as I am (I have my own transportation), and if anyone in Ottawa needs a ride and doesn't want to pay for cab or bus fare to get there, I'd be glad to have a fellow recruit along for the ride.

Anyone who wants to chat about BMQ or just have a friendly face come the 28th, shoot me a PM and we can stay in touch.

Hey, my name is Karlin Besner, i curresntly live in ottawa and am going to BMQ for basic on the 26th.
Still debating on taking the bus lol.
I am following a career as an avs tech in the forces.

I actually did not see this thread for Jan 28Th.
But I will be there as well
I'm leaving from Halifax on the 25Th
I am going in for Aviation tech

See you guys there, looks like were all about the same age, I'm 23.
Congrats everyone, this should be a fun time. :camo:
:cdn:

Looks to be a good crew so far. 20 days left. Looking forward to meeting everybody.
:army: :cdn:

Name's Jullian, 19 years old and Im coming in as a Med Tech... looking forward to working with you guys :salute:

Awesome to meet you folks. I'm Matt 32 from High Level Alberta. I posted on this thread earlier. I find it strange that the Jan 28 BMQ is not on the list of course dates.. Misfits from the start I guess? Looking forward to meeting you all in person... Stay fit and stay healthy!

I found that a bit strange too Matt. I assumed they had every beginning and end date posted.. is everyone ready? I just received my enrolment package today. I'm definitely getting excited.

I kind of like the idea of a misfit course, hopefully we get a more interesting mix of trades and people that way. Personally, I'm excited to just
jump in and hit the ground running. The waiting around is what's killing me at this point.

Getting Sworn in tomorrow morning at 0900 EST! Super pumped, can't wait to get all the information. When I didn't see our BMQ date on the site, I started this thread and hoped that other people answered. Haha - a cruel joke it would have been for me to show up there on the 26th and them be like uhhh, there is no course starting for another week. I think I am good to go, just some shopping. A few guys who have recently went through tole me that there were absolutely NO trips to the Canex at all within the first 5 weeks. So I am really wondering whether to bring everything on the list, or just hope the things that they say to bring and buy the rest at the Canex. What are other people doing to get ready?

I have not gotten my package as of yet. I am sure it's on it's way though.. I get sworn in on the 25th and leave the next day.... Can't wait!

Is anyone being sworn in on the 17th, in Oshawa? Or flying out of Toronto?
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone; we're almost there.  :cdn:

I'm making sure I have enough clothes for three to four days (I don't want over pack). I was told having your Personal hygiene items for 5 Weeks is smart. We do get a single trip to the canex the first week we are there and we will all be buying the same things, ie toothbrush ect..
Just make sure you have what's on the first list. The second list we will be buying.
Your swear in is tomorrow. Let us who swear in later know how it went. I'm swearing in on the 26th here in Vancouver.

Will do! It is just at the RC. They called yesterday to ask my if I would prefer to swear on a Bible or on My Own Honour. It is nice that you are given a choice, so that if someone is not religious they don't feel awkward etc.

Oh! For those of you who are married or common law: The RC told me that because of abuse in the past, they not only require a marriage license (or common law affidavit), but I also have to bring in a bill or account statement that has both my husband's and my name on it, as well as our address. Apparently people have been submitting a marriage license as proof, when really they are separated etc. That way they are not charged for room and rations while away. So they want proof from either this month or last month that you are actually living with your spouse and/ or dependents. 

That's good to know I only have my marriage license Ill go get a bank statement I suppose for this month. Im getting sworn in on the 23rd. It seems I typed the 26 accidentally and i received my package yesterday

Shadow74 said:
Hey people,

Names Ron. V, 26 from toronto.. Got recruited as aciss

Looking forward to BMQ .... Congrats to all selected

Will you be flying out of Toronto on the 26th?

mld said:
A few guys who have recently went through tole me that there were absolutely NO trips to the Canex at all within the first 5 weeks.

There are most definitely trips to Canex during indoc, but no leisure trips. There will be, at the very least, one platoon trip (after you receive a pay advance from the cashier). We had other trips scheduled by staff on an as needed basis.

Ross1 said:
Is anyone being sworn in on the 17th, in Oshawa? Or flying out of Toronto?
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone; we're almost there.  :cdn:

I'm getting sworn in at CFRC Toronto on the 23rd, not Oshawa, but I will be flying out of Toronto on the 26th.

mld said:
Getting Sworn in tomorrow morning at 0900 EST! Super pumped, can't wait to get all the information. When I didn't see our BMQ date on the site, I started this thread and hoped that other people answered. Haha - a cruel joke it would have been for me to show up there on the 26th and them be like uhhh, there is no course starting for another week. I think I am good to go, just some shopping. A few guys who have recently went through tole me that there were absolutely NO trips to the Canex at all within the first 5 weeks. So I am really wondering whether to bring everything on the list, or just hope the things that they say to bring and buy the rest at the Canex. What are other people doing to get ready?

Hahaha I was also a little confused when I got the offer and they said the 28th even though it wasn't listed on the website. I'm glad you made this thread, I couldn't believe it listed a new start date every week except ours, and the platoon numbers skip 81 and 82.

Speaking of which, I was told over the phone that I'm in platoon R0482E.

As far as getting ready, I've got a couple things I still need to buy. I'm in pretty good shape, but I can always be better. I'm also planning to start waking up at 5am and going to bed at 11pm to make the transition easier when we get to BMQ.

Congrats to everyone who got their call, and I'll see you guys in about 17 days!

Back