• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

Stinton93 said:
Does anyone know any reasons you could be denied level III clearance? Do arrests for any reason count?

There are a multitude of reasons why a Level III Clearance could be denied.  That's like saying "does anyone know of any reasons a bank could deny me a loan".
Yes arrests will factor into the approval/denial of a Level III.

I applied for intel ops in the NAVRES. I have completed all the steps including reference checks have been completed and sent back to DND. I emailed the recruiter on the status of my file and said that I should be receiving a letter about my reliability screening soon. Has anyone been through this what should I expect from the letter (positive outcome or negative)? I’m so nervous is it possibility it might be an offer letter?

Also online shows intel ops is not hiring anymore. When I asked the recruiter he said I’m still good for this occupation. What are the chances I might get an offer before the summer?

Thanks

I applied to HMCS nonsuch. So far the process has been so quick I could barely keep up but now I’m just waiting on my reliability status which I’ve been waiting 3 weeks now. So when the file manager said a letter had been sent out I was surprised it was that quick.

I had a couple of kore questions if you don’t mind.

I have a 3 year college diploma in business admin, I am afraid a lot of people applied to intel ops, how is the competition?

I think I missed a couple of calls from the military they didn’t leave a message. What should I do?

My background is from  a Middle East country known for their terrorism. I wasn’t born in Canada but came when I was 2 years old. I have visited my home country about 3 times in the last 10 years which I told the military. Also I had a government job 5 years ago which required a secret clearance will this help speed up my reliability screening? Or slow it down?

neacha67 said:
Hi, I just had my Pre-Assessment interview today. It went well and they are sending my file off. I lived in Egypt for 4 years (worked at a restaurant) and returned home to Canada in  2010. I do not have any relatives outside of the country. I know it would just be a guess but they said it can take up to 18 months to come back. Does it ever take that long? Has anyone hear had the same issue of living in Egypt?
Thanks in advance!

Laura

My case seems more complicated than yours as I 1) was born 2) direct family members residing 3) have stayed
more than 4 yrs outside Canada. I completed the lvl2 security(Pre enrolment) last Nov., as I know, it might take 18 months or shorter depending on urgency of trade you selected.(If in demand, it would be  shorter)Hope my case a bit of help for your understanding.
===
Level 2 security clearance
Drafted & reviewed with my file manager : Mar - Apr2017(Got a target interview as well as reference check conducted by Mintz Global)
Finalized Form sent off to Ottawa : Jun01,2017
Contacted by Security Investigation Agent : End of Sep 2017
Phone interview conducted by the investigator : Mid Oct 2017
Granted and moved to nexty steps(interview&Medical) : Mid Nov 2017

Hi,
Is it true that for Reserve Officer (Armoured Recce) they only look at your past 5 years in order to determine if you need enhanced screening? I have dual citizenship since birth and grew up abroad, but I have been based in Canada for the past 6 years and only left the country for vacations.
Thanks.

I have done some reading on this issue, but couldn't find the answer to my question.

I've submitted all my paperwork for enrollment into the CAF, however I've already completed a ERC with the CF, will I need to do another one with the enrollment or no because they already have one in my file and its not even 3 months old

Hello,

I've submitted all my paperwork for enrollment into the CAF, however I've already completed a ERC with the CF (that is active, as I am working as a civi) will I need to do another one with the enrollment or no because they already have one in my file and its not even 3 months old

Banbeta said:
Hello,

I've submitted all my paperwork for enrollment into the CAF, however I've already completed a ERC with the CF (that is active, as I am working as a civi) will I need to do another one with the enrollment or no because they already have one in my file and its not even 3 months old

As a civilian, your Clearance may have been processed by PSPC and not through DND at all. 

In all likelihood you will have to do another Clearance, as you will have to apply for a Lvl II Clearance eventually.

Be prepared.  Ensure you have all your information ready, in the case that you will have to resubmit. 

Keep your copies for your next filing (update) in ten years (for Lvl II) or five years (for Lvl III)

All security checks for DND/CAF are now performed by the Personnel Security Screening Office (PSSO, not their official acronym, just using it for ease of posting) which is part of the Military Police Group HQ in Ottawa (formally DPM Secur).

The only difference is that CAF members have their clearances saved in webSCPS v2.0; and Civilians have the USS of their unit send everything hard copy to PSSO.  Realistically your ERC should be able to be transfered, but even with that said you'll still need to a Security Clearance request at some point in time which requires more detailed information than the ERC.

Currently a U.S. citizen residing in the U.S. that has the ability to apply for a dual citizenship and join the CAF. How long would the enlistment process take for me seeing as though ive lived out of country for so long? How would the security clearance process go for me? Currently a commercial diver with my DCBC (Canadian Cert.) Looking to continue diving if possible.
Thank you!

Limabeezy said:
Currently a commercial diver with my DCBC (Canadian Cert.) Looking to continue diving if possible.

For diving discussions.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+diver&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gws_rd=ssl

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of official, up to date information.

"Unofficial site, not associated with DND or the Canadian Armed Forces."

Is it a good idea to fill out 330-60 while waiting for Pre-Enrolment Screen decision? Given dual citizenship, lived abroad within past 10years, and have immediate family in a foreign country.

I feel a bit silly for asking, but considering it caused a three hour delay crossing the border into the US on at least one occasion, it seemed appropriate.

Back when he was 8 years old, my grandfather attended a summer camp at the invitation of a friend.

Nearly fifty years later, a border guard showed him a photo of that same camp, and asked a few pointed questions. Do you know where this was taken, do you know this particular person, and so on.

It turns out that the camp his friend had invited him to was a communist youth camp, and one of the men running it later became the leader of the party in the province.

That's not likely to reflect on me, is it?

Jiminito said:
Will dropping dual citizenship status speed up pre-enrolment security check?
No, regardless of dual citizenship or just Canadian; you would still have "foreign" implications and you would still have to do through pre-sec process.

Jiminito said:
Is it a good idea to fill out 330-60 while waiting for Pre-Enrolment Screen decision? Given dual citizenship, lived abroad within past 10years, and have immediate family in a foreign country.

Your form has to be "current" and only cover the period for which it asks.  You can start the process now to make it easier/quicker to submit it when asked for it; beyond making your life easier it makes no difference in the recruiting process whether you start filling it out now or later as you cannot submit it until it's asked for.

Xylric said:
I feel a bit silly for asking, but considering it caused a three hour delay crossing the border into the US on at least one occasion, it seemed appropriate.

Back when he was 8 years old, my grandfather attended a summer camp at the invitation of a friend.

Nearly fifty years later, a border guard showed him a photo of that same camp, and asked a few pointed questions. Do you know where this was taken, do you know this particular person, and so on.

It turns out that the camp his friend had invited him to was a communist youth camp, and one of the men running it later became the leader of the party in the province.

That's not likely to reflect on me, is it?

It "might" pop up depending on what database that information is held; but that's no different than someone being related to an individual who has committed a criminal act.  You might be asked questions about it; but I wouldn't see it causing issues with your enrollment.

Hey guys,

I've been reading through the forums for the last couple days trying to figure out some more information of security clearances, but cant seem direct answers to some of my questions. Hoping for some help and insight from anyone.

I am in the Navy, only been here about a month, sitting in a pat platoon room waiting for things like Level II (Secret) security clearance. Talking with others Ive come to learn that things are pretty backed up and can take a while. Some here have been waiting ten months with no answer yet. 1) even though things may be backed up, is this normal? Or is it more of an individual case? 

What exactly are they looking for when granting a level II clearance. I have nothing to hide and have been 100% honest with my application, I guess its just the fear of the unknown that makes me worried I may not get the clearance I need. I've never lived outside of Canada, have visited Cuba, Jamaica, Dominican on vacations. I'm married and separated with a divorce still in progress. No criminal record. I do have some debt, but its under 9,000 on a line of credit but I've never missed a payment and the amount has been lowering with every month. I have 6 siblings though, some of which have a record - mostly for alcohol I assume. The only part besides a little debt that I'm concerned about is the fact that I have been terminated from employment before. I put the details in the Stat Dec section. Its two jobs over the last ten years that I was actually unaware that they "fired" me for. I had quit both jobs during the probationary period with notice, I was only aware they put "dismissed" on my ROE with reviewing them on service Canada for timelines of employment history for the Level II application.

Should I have anything to worry about?
Has anyone heard of anyone being denied secret clearances? And for what kind of things?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help and possibly put my mind at ease since Ill be waiting probably quite a while for the accepted/denied status.

Security clearances can take some time, months even, so some of the wait times you are hearing are not out of the ordinary.  As you noted, you have provided accurately all the information requested, so there is not much else you can do at this point unless asked for additional information.  While it can be frustrating to wait, there is not much you can do directly at this time, so now would be a good time to practice patience and thinking about some of the other activities you can do in preparation for the next step of training.  Honestly, it is not worth trying to over-think how the various factors you mentioned may be taken into account by those conducting the security clearance assessment.

Good luck on your ongoing training!

Regards
G2G

In two weeks time I will be sent off to the BMQ and I need to fill out a security clearance form however one of my prior employers from 9 years ago was acquired by a competitor and moved out of my town (the acquisition happened after I left) and I no longer have any way of contacting my prior supervisor or providing a contact phone number for the company. All I can do is provide the address the company had at the time and the date I joined and left. I don't know how to get in touch with anyone from the company as I haven't really kept in contact with my former coworkers.

What do I do here. Do I just fill out the entry for the employer in question but leave the contact information blank? also since the company was acquired after I left do I put in the name of the company such as it was when I was employed there or do I enter their current name.

Just make sure you fill all the appropriate sections for that employer with the full information as it was at the time of your employment, then attach a supplementary sheet (typed, please!) to your form indicating that such acquisition/move occurred after your time with the employer.

The important thing is to leave no employment period undisclosed. The investigators assigned to the matter have ways to check on various aspects of your story that will let them confirm that your info was complete and truthful, which is what matters most to them. They may even have ways of tracking down your supervisor of the time that are beyond your capacities.

Main point: be thorough and honest and it should turn out OK.

Good luck for BMQ and welcome aboard.

Back