• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

manna15 said:
The application no longer has a box where you can check off whether or not they can contact employers. I have not been able to find a discussion that says whether or not they will call current employers or not, now that the boxes aren't there. Does this mean that they are called by default or that they aren't called at all.

I have nothing to hide at my workplace, but I don't want my employers to think me a flight risk if my application is rejected.

Which application or form are you referring to?  The CF likes its' paperwork, so there are many many many forms.

manna15 said:
The application no longer has a box where you can check off whether or not they can contact employers. I have not been able to find a discussion that says whether or not they will call current employers or not, now that the boxes aren't there. Does this mean that they are called by default or that they aren't called at all.

I have nothing to hide at my workplace, but I don't want my employers to think me a flight risk if my application is rejected.

I filled out the Personal Data Verification forms within the past two weeks. In Employment History there is a section that says If current employer, may we contact? with three possible boxes to check off: Yes, No, and Not Applicable. I've filled this same form out a couple of times for different applications. You may want to ask for the proper forms from your Recruiting Centre. I had mine e-mailed to me and was able to e-mail them back.

I would inform your employer just in case, better he knows if ever he gets a call then if he doesn't.

They called 2 of my employers..

I also filled out the personal data verification form that ValhrafN referred too and also had the option to check said boxes. This was just a week ago for my interview

Valhrafn said:
I filled out the Personal Data Verification forms within the past two weeks. In Employment History there is a section that says If current employer, may we contact? with three possible boxes to check off: Yes, No, and Not Applicable. I've filled this same form out a couple of times for different applications. You may want to ask for the proper forms from your Recruiting Centre. I had mine e-mailed to me and was able to e-mail them back.
I'm referring to the online application form that you are directed to on the "apply now" section of the forces website. Where I fill in employment history it just asks for place and dates of employment. Are you saying that I can fill out the paper application without going through the website or should I still go through the site first and the paper trail comes after?

Will I have more paperwork further into the process that you are all referring to?
GreenWood said:
I would inform your employer just in case, better he knows if ever he gets a call then if he doesn't.

They called 2 of my employers..
You certainly have a valid point that I'll think about, but I still don't think I'll say anything. If there's a chance they won't find out I'll take it. I'm also the gatekeeper of the main phone line. Good to know they're actually checking in though.

I also really appreciate all of you replying. I wasn't aware there were more application forms.

manna15 said:
I'm referring to the online application form that you are directed to on the "apply now" section of the forces website. Where I fill in employment history it just asks for place and dates of employment. Are you saying that I can fill out the paper application without going through the website or should I still go through the site first and the paper trail comes after?

Will I have more paperwork further into the process that you are all referring to?You certainly have a valid point that I'll think about, but I still don't think I'll say anything. If there's a chance they won't find out I'll take it. I'm also the gatekeeper of the main phone line. Good to know they're actually checking in though.

I also really appreciate all of you replying. I wasn't aware there were more application forms.
The online application is the first thing you have to complete. Once it's completed, you will be contacted by e-mail telling you whether or not your application has been selected for further processing. After this, your Recruiting Centre will call you to book your medical and CFAT and will send you an e-mail verification with attached forms (Personal Data Verification, Personnel Screening and Security Clearance) which will include the employment history and contacts that you're talking about. You will have to bring these forms to your CFAT testing day.

That makes much more sense. Thank you very much! It appears I've been concerned over nothing.

manna15 said:
That makes much more sense. Thank you very much! It appears I've been concerned over nothing.

If I can say one thing about the application process is that youre going to have to fill out many different forms all with similar information on each one, but the personal data verification is the one that Garda (CF hires them to perform this check) will be looking at and contacting your references from.

That is much clearer. Thank you for your insight! It looks like you're pretty far into it already.

manna15 said:
I'm referring to the online application form that you are directed to on the "apply now" section of the forces website. Where I fill in employment history it just asks for place and dates of employment.

There you go, mystery solved.  Employers listed on the application form will not be contacted.

Hello everyone! This is for anyone in my situation, solidarity!

I just did my CFAT earlier this week on March 16th 2015 and passed. While the Master Corporal was going over my results and whether I qualified for the trade I was pursuing, I was informed that my background checks of all sorts will begin. I asked the Master Corporal from his experience, roughly how long it will take and he told me that the longest was 18 months. I'm being realistic on myself and looking at 18 months, perhaps even longer. My situation is that in the past four years (from November 2010 to September 2014), I was working abroad in Hong Kong and China at a job that required me to travel back and forth between Hong Kong and China quite a lot. While working abroad in Hong Kong and China during those four years, I traveled a lot throughout Asia and Europe as well. Furthermore, I was already doing a lot of traveling prior to my working abroad in Hong Kong and China from 2010 to 2014. On the Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionaire, the section it asks you to list all the places you have traveled to outside of Canada in the past ten years, I had fill out on this separate form https://docs.google.com/document/d/12bYEI-YaHEPs6YYiNL9JJ92rGZrMx1LeAmsIiKg6QdY/editand all my travels outside of Canada was TWO PAGES FULL! When I finally do get the okay that all my background checks are done, I'll find this post and update again, that way it will give anyone a suggestion on the average. Good luck to everyone who already are or will be in the process!

I called my CFRC today for an update and was told my application is being put through a quality check.

So I was wondering, what does a quality check involve? Should I expect to wait a long time? If it helps, i'm applying for ResF ACISS.

Paul_Ontario said:
I called my CFRC today for an update and was told my application is being put through a quality check.

So I was wondering, what does a quality check involve? Should I expect to wait a long time? If it helps, i'm applying for ResF ACISS.

Likely that its in in a pile of files to review and ensure everything that needs to be completed has in fact been completed prior to merit listing.

Hi everybody )

Is there a reason why security check and references check are done before medical and interview? I see that in majority of cases it's the opposite - references are called last.

llin_X said:
Hi everybody )

Is there a reason why security check and references check are done before medical and interview? I see that in majority of cases it's the opposite - references are called last.

You've already been told. You're an immigrant to Canada, and have not lived here for the last 10 years. Therefore, you need a presecurity screening, which will be completed before they process your file further. It would be a waste of time and money to complete your medical and interview before knowing the results of your security clearance screening.

PuckChaser said:
You've already been told. You're an immigrant to Canada, and have not lived here for the last 10 years. Therefore, you need a presecurity screening, which will be completed before they process your file further. It would be a waste of time and money to complete your medical and interview before knowing the results of your security clearance screening.
Okay, okay, thanks) I did not know that references are part of presec, I thought they were called before you get the job. 

PuckChaser said:

Relating to this scenario for llin_X, I' am a Canadian citizen (born in Canada), but I've not lived in Canada continuously for the past ten years. However, I written my CFAT last week (passed) and done the Physical Fitness Test few months ago. I was told my interview and medical will be scheduled soon (it was not scheduled after completing the CFAT because regular force applicants having priority right now), so that does that mean my security screening has already been completed? Cheers

canucksnation said:
Relating to this scenario for llin_X, I' am a Canadian citizen (born in Canada), but I've not lived in Canada continuously for the past ten years. However, I written my CFAT last week (passed) and done the Physical Fitness Test few months ago. I was told my interview and medical will be scheduled soon (it was not scheduled after completing the CFAT because regular force applicants having priority right now), so that does that mean my security screening has already been completed? Cheers

Every applicant to the CF is subject to the "Pre-Sec Questionnaire".  Depending on how you answer those questions, that information "may" be forwarded to Ottawa for review, who in turn will decide whether or not a full-blown "Pre-Security Assessment" is required.

Generally speaking, nobody will advance to the Medical/Interview stage until the pre-sec has been addressed.

Also, another matter that just got dropped on me this morning.

In Summer 2012, I was involved in a vehicle accident in which I was at fault (I accidentally rear ended the vehicle in front of me). Now fast forward to today, the driver of that vehicle in front of me has decided to sue me because he/she is not appeased with the settlement by ICBC (my insurance company and the accident occur in Vancouver and my vehicle/driver license is registered in BC). I been advised by my vehicle insurance company that ICBC is obligated to represent and settle this matter for me. Me and ICBC are trying to get the other driver to settle, but reckon the other driver is trying to take me and ICBC to the cleaners. If this was to go to court, a date is set for in 2017. So with all that being said, I'm currently in the Canadian Forces application process, so how screwed am I on getting rejected by the Canadian Forces? And what are my %/odds? Keep in mind, Iam represented by a crown auto insurance company that's going to represent and settle for me whatever the costs maybe all the way? Much thanks!

Back