• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Engineer Songs

Maybe someone can help.  We used to march around the Wack singing this song about a girl with yellow bow's in her hair.  That's all I remember ???

Cheers

Nfld Sapper said:
Newf when I joined 6Fd in 76 Jerry Silva was my C.O. and my first Sappers Dinner we all were given the song sheet's for both of our traditional Corp march's,oh my was he pissed because we all were tanked up and could not remember the words.

Good to see our old traditions are being kept alive by you who are coming after us.

UBIQUE  :salute:

Chimo

I was always impressed with the singing of the junior ranks from 8 FER and the senior ranks of Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (6 Field sister unit).  "I know a dog whose name is Rover" and "I knew a lady in red" seemed to have been ingrained in my brain, and still get dusted off when celebrating here!

Chimo

downinOZ said:
I was always impressed with the singing of the junior ranks from 8 FER and the senior ranks of Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (6 Field sister unit).  "I know a dog whose name is Rover" and "I knew a lady in red" seemed to have been ingrained in my brain, and still get dusted off when celebrating here!

Chimo

6Fd had it's own song
Down in the Armouries where No Body Goes.

The first night I met her etc.

Resurrecting this thread to see if we can get some more info out.

I recall seeing an Engineer song book - well, a big fat folder/3 ring binder with a bunch of songs. I think 1 CER claimed rights for putting it together.
Jim Reeves had a copy and I recall receiving a photo-copy from him - however, I haven't been able to find it after a couple of moves :crybaby:
I'll look again as I'm going through a storage cleaning phase  :boring:

Last time I saw Jim was in Kingston - I think he is still there.

If anyone has a copy, It would be cool if it could be scanned and posted somewhere - 1CER webpage?

cheers,
Frank

i have seen alot of different versions on the internet depending on the country. The american's have their own, and ofcourse the britian and canadians are very similar. I like a new version I saw on Youtube. the 36th royal engineers have a modern twist to it, and it seems that much funnier with the accent. here's the link, there is some swearing. I would like to get the full song and lyrics to this version if anyone knows it. thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQN5EezRbU

Pte  Brat said:
i have seen alot of different versions on the internet depending on the country. The american's have their own, and ofcourse the britian and canadians are very similar. I like a new version I saw on Youtube. the 36th royal engineers have a modern twist to it, and it seems that much funnier with the accent. here's the link, there is some swearing. I would like to get the full song and lyrics to this version if anyone knows it. thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQN5EezRbU
That's the way to sing it, with f#%*^@ gusto!

Towards_the_gap said:
Sorry, but seeing as we're on the topic of songs, we gotta have the 'official' song:

Good Morning Mr Stevens and windy Notchy Knight,
Hurrah for the CRE
We're working very hard down at Upnor Hard.
Hurrah for the CRE
You make fast I make fast make fast the dinghy
Make fast the dinghy make fast the dinghy.
You make fast I make fast make fast the dinghy.
Make fast the dinghy pontoon.
For we're marching on to Laffan's Plain.
To Laffan's Plain. To Laffan's Plain.
Yes we're marching on to Laffan's Plain
Where they don't know mud from clay.
Ah, ah. ah. ah. ah. ah. ah.
Oshta. oshta. oshta. oshta.
Ikona malee. picaninny skoff.
Ma-ninga sabenza. here's another off.
Oolum-da cried Matabele,
Oolum-da. away we go.
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. ah. ah.
Shush........................Whow

got a few more if anyone's interested, engineer drinking songs that is.

You can hear it here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWf-IPagOoE

These songs are pretty cool! I can't wait until I get to learn some of those songs! Sounds like you engineers are a cheerful bunch  ;D. I am heading to St. jean on the 9th of Nov to start my BMQ and after that I'll be starting my QL3? for Combat engineering!

I'll be joining the ranks ( hopefully  :p) of the engineers that come from the Rock! What part of the island do you come from NL engineer and NFLD sapper? I am from Hillview, its about 15 minutes away from Clarenville.

KodyN202 said:
I'll be joining the ranks ( hopefully  :p) of the engineers that come from the Rock! What part of the island do you come from NL engineer and NFLD sapper? I am from Hillview, its about 15 minutes away from Clarenville.

Well I would have replied sooner if I seen this, but from the sandy wireless internet cafe I was using, the site was ultra slow  ::).  I'm from just outside town  ;D.

For anyone intrested, I found a song on you tube about the Combat Engineers. The 40 beers song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMVVCG4WnwM&feature=related

Back