• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

END of an ERA (the wedge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mover1

Inactive
Reaction score
FYI No more wedge with Cadpat as of July 1st. CANFORGEN TO FOLLOW SHORTLY

That is great news.  As someone who has always liked the airforce... wedge wasand is a eye sore.

Wedge in CF's is nice and professional looking.
Wedge in CADPAT looks like a goofball.
And, yes, I am Air Force and wear my beret!
:army:

Thank GOD!

Nothing looks stupider than CADPAT and a wedge.  Now if only we can get a rule to ban the beret with a flight suit...which looks equally stupid IMHO

Buddha66 said:
Thank GOD!

Nothing looks stupider than CADPAT and a wedge.  Now if only we can get a rule to ban the beret with a flight suit...which looks equally stupid IMHO

No argument here. I am posted to Shearwater as of the first of the week taking the year long French course and I've seen a  lot of people in this abomination....thank god for common sense...not a uniform that was meant to go with a wedge.

IN HOC SIGNO said:
No argument here. I am posted to Shearwater as of the first of the week taking the year long French course and I've seen a  lot of people in this abomination....thank god for common sense...not a uniform that was meant to go with a wedge.
Hehehe.

Padre, I think he's against the wedge for cadpats...but for the wedge with flight suit, although I'd agree with you, with a twist...(my take LOL)

"not a" (SINGLE) "uniform that was meant to go with a wedge" and I can say that too...I used to wear blue.  :D

I wore my wedge with my combats ONCE.... and as a last resort.  I showed up in the morning in my PT gear and when I changed into my uniform I realized I forgot my beret at home.  So the only head dress I had at work was my wedge - I looked like an idiot when I left at the end of the day. 

Even worse was when my boss forgot her beret (army type) and didn't have a back-up at work.  She ended up wearing her hardhat out at the end of the day.... that was funnee!

tree hugger said:
Even worse was when my boss forgot her beret (army type) and didn't have a back-up at work.  She ended up wearing her hardhat out at the end of the day.... that was funnee!

RSMs everywhere are having aneurysms at the thought of this!!

It was halarious... can't remember if at the time if she was a Capt or a Maj...

This initiative is sure to improve the quality of life, productivity and efficiency of AF personnel everywhere.

We can now get the team of personnel responsible for this groundbreaking change of policy to solve the next dilemma facing the CF - red and white hook velcro Canada flags that are larger in size than the patch of loop velcro sewn to CADPAT.    ::)

284_226 said:
This initiative is sure to improve the quality of life, productivity and efficiency of AF personnel everywhere.

Hey...at least now people can wear their headress in their cars.....it will fit

CDN Aviator said:
Hey...at least now people can wear their headress in their cars.....it will fit

Ah, no.  But thanks for coming out.  ;)

BYT Driver said:
Wedge in CF's is nice and professional looking.
Wedge in CADPAT looks like a goofball.

Agreed.  I remember seeing air force types wearing the old green combats, and I thought that looked rather silly.

But the wedge with No. 3 Air Force service dress looks sharp and traditional, IMHO.

Looks pretty darned good in a flightsuit too........

What happens if/when we move to a Cadpat fightsuit?  A beret's not going to stop us from looking like a box of melted crayolas.  Purple embroidered epaulettes, blue t-shirt with green Cadpat.  Expect a visit from What Not to Wear.

Bring back the blue flight suit!

Buddha66 said:
Oh good Lord, NO!

My thoughts exactly. I think we all look better in green!!  >:D  ;D

Just kidding. Some boys do look OK in blue, just not most of them.  ;)

I'm glad the wedge is gone from CADPAT dress, but with flightsuits looks sharp and Air Force.
So shall it be, so shall it be done..
CADPAT Flightsuits...??  Who's numpty idea was that??  Now we'll never find out pilots in the woods...escept to look for the nearest bar.    ;D  ;D
Maybe for trash-haulers, but sub hunters will look goofy, for sure. All SAR should wear Orange flightsuits and be proud of it.  Definately cammed suits for Griffin drivers, to keep the army types happy.
;D
:army:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back