• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EME Officer Reserve Unit Contact

Animatronic Fireman

Reaction score
Hello

I am currently living in Saskatoon and have thrown in my application to be a MARS officer but there is a chance that I may end up moving to Edmonton.  If I do move to Edmonton I would like to apply to be an EME Officer, just wondering which Reserve Units there can support the position so that I can call them and inquire about openings.

Thanks for your help.

AF

The unit in Edmonton is 41 Service Battalion, 15 Forward Support Group.  They are located in Debney Armoury, in the south of Edmonton.  If you go EME Officer, I hope you have lots of time to take the courses.  Currently, Reserve EME O's take the Reg F phase courses, which are about 3 months long.

My future wife is a serving officer with 41 Svc. PM me with question and I'll pass it on.

Reserve EME officer training is in the process of being streamlined, so the six months of phase III/phase IV, with phase IV only offered Sept-Dec, will be nothing but a distant memory.

dapaterson said:
Reserve EME officer training is in the process of being streamlined, so the six months of phase III/phase IV, with phase IV only offered Sept-Dec, will be nothing but a distant memory.

That is great news!!!  And a long, long time in coming.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if any of the Saskatchewan reserves recruit EME officers.  I am no longer moving to Edmonton and will remain in Saskatchewan.  I know they do not recruit for EME officers in Saskatoon.

Thanks for the help.

I just spoke with the snr Log O in Saskatoon, they are recruiting Logistics and EME Offrs.  I will send you an email offline with contact info to help you out.

bit off track here but do you have any information regarding what the streamlined version of the reserves EME phase courses will look like?

It looks like the new phase 3 will be 26 training days and the new phase 4 will be 56 training days, shortened significantly from 57 and 71 training days respectively.  Keep in mind these dates don't include weekends, holidays, etc.  CFSEME is rolling out the new ph 3 this summer starting 25 May and ph 4 next year.  The new courses will be the same for Reg and Res offrs.  They are taking out alot of the smaller qualifications that can be done at the unit later; ie Expenditure Managament, General Safety Officer, Civilian Human Resource Management, and alot of the training which is covered in Development Period 2.

Back