• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Earning Loss Benefit ( ELB )

CC,
The form is a VAC 928, Consent for VAC to obtain personal info from 3rd parties which you can find under forms in "my VAC Account".  On mine, for them to contact SISIP, this is the wording I used " Verification of the monthly SISIP LTD amount payable in periods of earning Loss Benefit(ELB)eligibility. This consent remains in effect for the duration of ELB eligibility"

Hope this helps

So, today in my VAC account, my status went to "complete" on my application for ELB . I called my VAC CM, to see if he could see from his side what was going on, but he could not. He told me that I should see a letter in the next few days ( not sure if in VAC speak if that means weeks) telling me what the end result is. I am curious to see what the end figure will be as I see some of you saying you were getting less, and others saying more, than you anticipated.

Tilap, were you able to figure yours out?

Cheers, :salute:

Renegade FYI as soon as my ELB showed completed the amount showed up in the benefits I missed it a couple of times before I realized that I had to scroll down to see it. It is separate then my pension details. Anyway, I think I figured it out but the front line worker didn't agree so talk to my CM after a few minute of explaining she finally agree with me that the numbers don't add up told me to wit for the letter but I m in Texas for the winter so won't see that letter for a while so she sent a request to the ELB people to get in contact with me it's been 3 days and still waiting.still waiting.

Ok, it Showed up under benefits section late yesterday. Similar to you Tilap, the amount I see is higher than I thought it would be (about $200.00/month more). I left my CM a message, and hopefully he will be able to explain it to me.
On the positive side at least something is happening! Now for the Disability awards, but I am already aware of the turtle like pace to expect on those!
Cheers,
:salute:

200$ that about what I got to as too much as that is after tax. It almost look like they took the taxe on paper but did not actually took it out of the $ deposited in my bank account. Like I said my CM asked ELB people to contact me. That was last Thursday and I am still waiting.

So I started my disability claim in September 2016, that claim is for ptsd and is currently on step 3. I've been working with the osi clinic and have my first psychiatrist appointment in March. I've recently applied for the rehabilitation program and earnings loss benefit, and I'm wondering what my chances are of actually being approved?

No one here is going to be able to answer that. When are more fully evaluated by a psychiatrist they may be able to give you their opinion. However, all decisions are made at VAC and no one will know until then. It will likely be many months before you get to that point. My rule of thumb is 6 months from submission to response for anything with VAC.

If all documents for the rehabilitation program have been received, then rehabilitation program decisions are made within 2 weeks. It would very much depend on your individual medical file, but I would recommend calling the 1-866 number and asking.

I posted about the earning loss benefit previously but I don't think I was very clear in what I was asking, so I have a couple questions. The first one being, is the earning loss benefit a bi weekly pay or paid monthly, and also how long does it typically take to receive your first payment (I know these wait times vary) I'm just looking to see what other people have e experienced.

I've asked my case manager and he said 6 to 8 weeks and that was the day I was approved. It just seems like waiting that long after approval is a bit much for ELB. Also I applied for the benefit and rehab January 21st and was approved Feb 7th.

Canadian-Sapper said:
I posted about the earning loss benefit previously but I don't think I was very clear in what I was asking, so I have a couple questions. The first one being, is the earning loss benefit a bi weekly pay or paid monthly, and also how long does it typically take to receive your first payment (I know these wait times vary) I'm just looking to see what other people have e experienced.

I've asked my case manager and he said 6 to 8 weeks and that was the day I was approved. It just seems like waiting that long after approval is a bit much for ELB. Also I applied for the benefit and rehab January 21st and was approved Feb 7th.

You will be paid monthly the last day of the month. If you have MYVAC account you can see when the payments and the amount will be deposited.

6 weeks is about right if you have been approved as of Feb 7th ( for ELB) expect payment Feb 27th. Sisip has about the same time line when you apply to them.

I understand the ELB is not meant to be permanent, but a guy I know says they're kicking him off. Obviously I dont know his exact situation and he may not be totally up front about whats going on, but it did get me thinking.

CAN VAC just end ELB? Im not talking about cases of fraud or anything, that's a different issue. I just mean, could you get to a point where they just say "youve been on long enough and havent gotten a job yet, youve got 6 months" or something

Its causing me a lot of stress because my family relies on my income right now. Without it, we're f'd.

Its that Im imminently worried or anything. Ive got an appt with my case manager in a few weeks to discuss my rehab plan (i was on a temporary hold for a year or so as I pursued a potential career path, but that isnt going to work out). I know we'll do one up and move forward with that.

Mostly just wondering if anyone is aware of a situation where ELB is cut off, not for any particular reason, just that VAC got impatient or something like that.

I believe if you complete rehab and have done school VAC gives you 6 months to find employment. If you can't find employment by the end of the 6 months then your ELB could cease. If that happens then you can apply for the CFIS benefit (Canadian Forces Income Support)

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/financial/cf-income-support

Just went over this with the case manager, stepping in just because its backwards. You have 6 months to apply for CFIS after the program. Otherwise, you have to re-apply for the program, wait, approved, then apply.

Carefull, its muddy and they are really trying to push this all out to the Spring when the new benefits kick in.

dunlop303 said:
Just went over this with the case manager, stepping in just because its backwards. You have 6 months to apply for CFIS after the program. Otherwise, you have to re-apply for the program, wait, approved, then apply.

Carefull, its muddy and they are really trying to push this all out to the Spring when the new benefits kick in.

Thanks for the response. I looked at the CFIS but doesn't say anything about rates. The feel I get aboout the way the program is explained is that even if approved, you'd be taking a paycut from ELB. Anyone know what the rate for CFIS is?

RobA said:
Thanks for the response. I looked at the CFIS but doesn't say anything about rates. The feel I get aboout the way the program is explained is that even if approved, you'd be taking a paycut from ELB. Anyone know what the rate for CFIS is?

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/rates

Just scroll down a bit.

Back