• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EADS

vroom

Reaction score
There is a chance I will be going on TD to EADS in Rome, New York.

Does anyone know if the base has a mess and/or living quarters? The TD is for appx 90 days.

Thanks!

Are you in North Bay right now?  If so, check with the any of the weapons crew (officers) as they will all have been there for TD during their 51 Sqn phase.

Go to the VCDS OUTCAN DWAN page, they can probably give you the best answers.

There's even an OUTCAN internet page that might help.

Thanks for the info all. I talked to a controller and there is no mess on base. There are officer quarters, however, and that is where he stayed during his posting. Not sure if they are open to NCM's (which I am).

I'll have a look at the DWAN.

EADS isn't really a base anymore - there are several military facilities but what was Griffiss is mostly a business park these days.  Both times I was there we were put up on the economy.  Most recently at a Wingate which had just opened down the street from the Sector.

Well it's been a week now in EADS and so far I'm loving it. They operate somewhat different here than at CADS. A great experience I'd recco anyone take if asked-the amount of live world stuff going on is insane and many a lessons learned are coming back home.

3 of us came and we're put up at a hotel. FYI there is nowhere to eat here. My fridge is stocked with food and there is a BBQ out back for guests to use. I also picked up a George Foreman from Walmart. Also from Walmart; 20 bottles of Bud Light for 12.88. RMS Clerk told me I paid too much. Should have gone to the Rite Aid pharmacy. Sure enough went there today and it was 11.99. Damn it I hate getting scammed :p

vroom said:
Also from Walmart; 20 bottles of Bud Light for 12.88. RMS Clerk told me I paid too much. Should have gone to the Rite Aid pharmacy. Sure enough went there today and it was 11.99. Damn it I hate getting scammed :p

Definitely scammed.  A case of water here costs less then $5 and you get 24 instead of 20.  ;D

Back