• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

E COY (PPCLI), LdSH

ArmyRick

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Is there anybody here who is part of Echo (TUA) Company of the Strats? If so I was wondering if you could fill us in on how its going with implementing infantry and artillery into the "DFS" regiment?

Have you guys received your LAV TUA yet?

Sgt Maj Greyeyes was one of my Pl WOs when I was OC C/1PP. A great soldier, and a fine example of a leader. I am sure he is a great CSM.

Cheers

A friend of mine in the patricias (Gord Monteanu) used to talk about CSM Greyeyes alot.

I am a proud member of the new age hybrid fighting elite known to lesser soldiers as E-coy,Ldsh(rc). ;D Yes we have the new Lav TUA,and yes it is bloody huge.We have the viewpoint that its a damn good thing it can go 100 kph cause you sure as hell cant hide it.Right now we are working out the jams at the RAMD trials in wainright and are going to put it through its tactical paces on a 3 part ex that will  take the better part of the fall.I don't think the whole DFS concept will be a "boots on the ground" working reality for a while as the MGS and the ADATS wont be online for some time yet.The new tow system is unbelievable,modern,efficient and lightyears ahead of the old one,the optics are freakin sweet(FLIR baby),the ability to passive and active lase,Image adjustment like your TV,Tracking gates to engage multiple targets and much,much more.

You were down here in Wainwrong for the TUA trials?  I was working with the sup. tech Cpl, on loan from Wx base supply.  Did you get a chance to look at the vids that were taken of the firings?  One of the guys hooked me up with a copy.  Very impressive looking system.  I'm unsure about security and whatnot, but I'm thinking its probably not cool to put a clip on putfile for public viewing.  Too bad. 

With Strathconas using tanks untill 2015 (CLS WORDS) the concept of the Direct Fire Team is DEAD. A few things will probally happen in the near future. 1,The entire company be posted back to 1PPCLI and still remain an army asset. 2, The company be canned and each 1st Battalion of each Regiment (PPCLI, RCR,Vandoo) recieves a ITAS TOW platoon. 3,The whole ITAS TOW system handed over to the armoured corp.(An option but unlikely due to armoured corp mannining of tanks) Iam sure there are others but Iam not inthe same pay scales to come up with anything else. It is a real shame that the new ITAS TOW system was not hurried into AFGHANISTAN.Its OK though because the army in its infinite wisdom have 1978 Leopords roaming around the desert and the Taliban would not be able to hear them coming at night.My opinion is that the system could be used as an ISTAR asset or attatched directly to a rifle company in support capable of bringing percision ammunition through Timmy Talibans front or back window from 3750!!!!Does anybody else out there have any ideas???

TOW TRIPOD

WE BREATH FIRE AND DEATH

VP

Back