• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dwan laptops-Adobe PDF Reader

NSDreamer said:
They are indeed. It can lead for some great amounts of frustration. That being said it's nothing that's happening at our level, we're just suffering the consequences of it.

Odd.  I know N6/some MARLANT units locked in the MACs, but your unit/Bde never did before.

Sounds like a PITA for all involved.

Eye In The Sky said:
Odd.  I know N6/some MARLANT units locked in the MACs, but your unit/Bde never did before.

Sounds like a PITA for all involved.

Well to my understanding MARLANT owns our buildings, so maybe it's some sort of unintentional overlap?  ???

MARLANT owns/manages the infrastructure (everything from the behind the DVO, basically) so you end up playing by their rules.  Without getting into the technical (read "boring") details, its just a change from the way it was before (more user-friendly previously).  There is always a trade-off in functionality for security, and vice versa.  The more of one there is, there is usually less of the other.

Because security is all about preventing units from doing their work, but not preventing SLts from selling secrets to the Russians.

DND's IT security is a joke, run by fools, with no concept of client service or even an understanding that IT is a tool for users, not a means of empire building by a branch with a homoerotic capbadge.

Back