• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DUI

kyrops

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a question about RCMP recruiting, I am very interested in becoming an officer and at 33 years old
I have some experience 'kicking'around! 

I have three years military experince recently, however,
I have had a DUI back in 1998.  It didn't affect me from joining the military, but
I don't know about the RCMP.  How can I check into this, or should I just forget it?

From what I recall from an info session, you're SOL.  I'm not sure how it would work if you got a pardon though.

Were youcharged for the DUI under the Criminal Code?  Or Highway Traffic Act?  If the former, you can get a pardon which will make you eligilbe to apply.  If the latter, it'll be off your driving record for sure, however, I don't know wether they keep track of it longer than the standard period.  You might want to check with their recruiters.

If it is a suspension stemming from a vehicle code, then you have to wait 5 years.

"yeah, that means it won't be off your record untill 2003"

Seems like a long time to wait, eh?

;D

Tom

They pardon DUI's?? I never knew that, I always thought it was a serious offense that stayed on your record, especially if you got charged again, I figured it would go against you.

Back