• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DS Interview - Bruce Monkhouse

Oh, he IS a legend all right!
Mr. Monkhouse...wake up! WaKE UP!  Goddamit Bruce, the Super just came on the level!!!"

WHAT!, we're supposed to wake up for them???  Gee maybe I should apologize for some of the things I've said...... :boring:

Is there anything you would have done differently? (i.e. gone to school before serving, waited until a greater age to join, retiring sooner, etc?)

Nothing like that I can think of.  [stayed out of shit a little more does come to mind though] ;)
If anything I do wish I had stayed in touch with more people when I got out but that wasn't quite as easy as it is nowadays.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Nothing like that I can think of.  [stayed out of shit a little more does come to mind though] ;)
If anything I do wish I had stayed in touch with more people when I got out but that wasn't quite as easy as it is nowadays.

Haha, a thought I'm sure we can all relate to at some point in life :p

Oh okay fair point for sure, it is definitely easier nowadays.

Hi all.
With the recent Staff reset I have decided to not re-apply for a Moderator job here on army.ca.  I loved my time as basically the Janitorial Mod, because I would spend most of my online time searching, merging, and cleansing, redundant topics. 

But like anything, no matter how enjoyable, things can sometimes seem like work and more and more I was coming here not to read, but to think of how far behind I was on my 'work'.  The last few days have renewed my interest in the actual thread content and not whether I needed to search and merge, etc.

I sincerely hope the members of the forum keep assisting the new Mods in keeping this place a beacon of light in the dark hole that is the internet.  I always know I can come here and read well thought out posts on many different topics without the vile that I see in other places.  Lets never lose that....

See ya' on the beach..... :running:

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Hi all.
With the recent Staff reset I have decided to not re-apply for a Moderator job here on army.ca ....
Thanks for the hard work, Bruce!

Bruce, you have definitely been one of the hardest working "cleaners" out there.  You should be able to enjoy the content here.

Best,
G2G

Bruce,

Tanks! for being the Cleaner. You picked up the job and saved every one of the Mods tons of work. I'm sure the others will agree.

Cheers to your past and to your future at the same time.  :cheers:

Dave

I already sent him a PM telling him that he sucked for quitting.  :mad:

Unless.......it's Psyops;  he told us  that he bailed.... to encourage some of the other Mods... when Mike has already guaranteed him continued work... maybe even with a bonus on top of the already awesome Mod pay (you folks think the dick-measuring in the Kuwait/Iraq thread is brutal;  if only you knew how much Mike was paying the DS  :nod: )

:stirpot:

Bruce, I already miss you and your cleaning ability.....  :(

Bruce,

Your help here has been phenomenal in keeping us focused and organized. Most users will never know how they benefited from the hundreds of hours you put in of thankless work to keep this place running smoothly. That in itself is a testament to your efforts.

I'm glad to hear you'll be sticking around in some capacity, and I hope you always feel like this is "home" for you. Thanks again.

Cheers
Mike

Journeyman said:
I already sent him a PM telling him that he sucked for quitting.  :mad:

Unless.......it's Psyops;  he told us  that he bailed.... to encourage some of the other Mods... when Mike has already guaranteed him continued work...
Making him the James Bond of Mods, then?

Mike promised me more lousy beer that none of his friends would drink if I came back , so.......

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Mike promised me more lousy beer that none of his friends would drink if I came back , so.......
End of days, indeed.    ;D  :cheers:

Although you've never left, "Welcome Back" Bruce. :)

You've already put in immeasurable hours of work behind the scenes to keep this place running, so to come back for more is truly appreciated. Thanks!

Back