• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dropzone 64 Pattern Assembly

BKells

Inactive
Reaction score
I just ordered the shoulder straps and hip belt from Dropzone. Can anyone provide me with any information on how to attach these best? Little bit confusing. How come army gear never comes with instructions..

BKells,

Can you can me toll 1-877-461-5700 and I'll try to talk you through it .

Kind Regards
Brian Kroon

I'm out and about at school and stuff all day.. maybe try writing it down here? May be useful for anyone in the future that searches the forums, too.

bkells,

Trying to describe how to lace up a 64 is like trying to describe and platypuss and have some one draw it, but I'll try.

What frame are you using?  I'll assume a 64, but the ALICE is similar.

First step is to loop the bottom loop of the shoulder strap around the frame "wing" (circle hole on the ALICE frame) and pass the padded portion of the shoulder strap through the loop. It should now be attached to the frame "wing".

Now run top 1" straps through the locating slots on the top of the frame and back through the tribar buckle at the top of the shoulder strap.

I will get my art department on the job of producing instructions.

The photos on our wb sight may help as well.

Kind Regards
Brian

On the hip belt, the extra loops for para cord/zap straps... what part of the 64 frame should I loop it around?

Are the shoulder straps supposed to be hard to adjust or is it just tight when it's new?

Hi Bkells,

Sounds like you are getting it all figured out. Great!

The webbing has always been tight when using the metal buckles. You may wish to add some para cord "pulls" to the buckles through the hole. By lifting the buckle about 90 degrees as you are adjusting it the webbing should slide through easier.

It will become easier as it is used.

BAck in the days of cotton webbing, when the steel buckles were developed, they needed the tight tolerances to "bite" the cotton webbbing to prevent slippage.

With nylon webbing this is no longer the case.

Kind Regards
Brian

Back