• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Driver Wheel Training (DWT) for ACISS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulruthina

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know how to drive any sort of vehicle. Would that be a problem? I'm currently registered for the course and I'm worried it would be a problem. Or will they teach me how to drive from scratch?

You aren't the first person to do a driver wheel course without having a civvie license.  The course might be more challenging for you,  but it is do able.

Don't worry to much about not having any driving experience. I taught a few pers with little to no time behind the wheel, I actually kind of preferred them because they had no bad habits to break them of.  Just listen to your instrs and all will be good. have fun on the crse.

You're definitely going to be more nervous than other members on the course, but you will definitely have fun. I had a member on my Dvr Wheel Course whose first vehicle she had ever driven was an LSVW... a little scary bombing down the highway with her, but she passed the course.

Have fun with the offroad portion :)

Gulruthina said:
I don't know how to drive any sort of vehicle. Would that be a problem? I'm currently registered for the course and I'm worried it would be a problem. Or will they teach me how to drive from scratch?

I learned to drive on the LSVW, and was driving MLVWs with trailers for road moves to Borden from Kingston before I even got my G2. Driver examiner looked at me wierd when he asked if I was nervous about the 401 and said I've driven on it all the time.

That's what the course is designed to teach you. How to drive.

Quit panicking and pay attention to your instructors.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back