• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drill and Ceremonial

J

joe_2701

I just took D&C this summer at VACSTC. And ive noticed that almost everyone (mostly people who havent even taken D&C or even cli for that matter)think it is a horrible course. to anyone considering taking CLI i highly recommend D&C.

Also, did anyone in this forum take D&C 2004 at VACSTC?

Im still deciding between D&C and Adventure...

Im not a big one for drill, but Having the experience and knowledge would be great.

But Bravo looks and from what I heard is fan-freaken-tastic.... ;D

I did D&C at Blackdown last year it was the best time of my life! I wanted to do Adventure but I am glad now that I didn't do it. Even though I would've loved it also I am glad that I did D&C. And also all of the QOR cadets that did D&C were the top in the Company!

I wound up taking D&C Vernon, i didnt like it and would of much prefered Adventure Whitehorse, but toughed through it, its good for people who dont like it, great for people who do.

- Shawn

Do D&C, i did Adventure, not bashing it or anything the canoe trip is fun so is the patrolling ex but they changed around the whole Adventure course, and its not too adventurous, go with D&C you still get to spend time in the field but sharpen up you drill as well

joe_2701 said:
I just took D&C this summer at VACSTC. And ive noticed that almost everyone (mostly people who havent even taken D&C or even cli for that matter)think it is a horrible course. to anyone considering taking CLI i highly recommend D&C.

Also, did anyone in this forum take D&C 2004 at VACSTC?

I agree.  I havn't done D&C yet, but hopefully will be this year.  I thought it too was a terrible course, but everyone in my corps told me that I should do it.  Also, my best friend took D&C last year.  Did you know a Cdt. Jennans?

i did D&C in '01 i had to say it was the most rewarding thing ive done in cadets

madchicken said:
I agree. I havn't done D&C yet, but hopefully will be this year. I thought it too was a terrible course, but everyone in my corps told me that I should do it. Also, my best friend took D&C last year. Did you know a Cdt. Jennans?

YES! We were in 1 platoon together! Such an awesome time! Tell her i say hi. But i agree with your seniors, you should definitly take D&C, its a very good choice.

Don't ya just hate it, when people who didnt even take the course say D&C sucks, its ok for people who did take it, after the fact, to say it sucked, but it probably has very little to do with course content, Its the people (The Platoon Commader, The WO's, as well as your comarades/friends at the camp) that really decides wether the course sucks or not.

- Shawn

I did D&C in Vernon in 2002. I loved it, and it was probably my favourite summer camp experience! Do D&C, I have never felt better than I did on that final sunset parade after firing the feu de joie!

I think a person should choose the CLI that best represents their interests in cadets ... the area of training they want to specialize in.  Really though a CLI is a CLI is a CLI, someone that does D&C isn't necessarily better at drill then someone that did Adventure so in that aspect it means little.  All CLI courses have the same fundamental leadership content (including Mil Band and P&D).

I know that I do however take great pride in having being a part of the Sunset Ceremony in 2001 and 2002 (which is something only for CLI D&C, Mil Band, and P&D).

Heya!
I took D&C this past year at VACSTC, had an awesome time! I HIGHLY recommend it for those contemplating taking it..you'll have a great time.
_
joe_2701 said:
YES! We were in 1 platoon together! Such an awesome time! Tell her i say hi. But i agree with your seniors, you should definitly take D&C, its a very good choice.
Hey joe_2701!
This is Jennens here, saying Hi back to you lol, and yes - we had an awesome time in D&C!

Sgt_Jennens said:
This is Jennens here, saying Hi back to you lol, and yes - we had an awesome time in D&C!

Heyhey! this is awesome!

Zedic_1913 said:
I think a person should choose the CLI that best represents their interests in cadets ... the area of training they want to specialize in. Really though a CLI is a CLI is a CLI, someone that does D&C isn't necessarily better at drill then someone that did Adventure so in that aspect it means little. All CLI courses have the same fundamental leadership content (including Mil Band and P&D).
There is nothing saying that someone HAS to pick a certain course. However Im we're just dismissing the rumours of D&C being a heck hole.

But yes, sunset ceremony is an amazing thing to be a part of!

I am going to D&C at Blackdown this year. does anyone have any pointers 4 me. i go to cadets with the shortest SgtMaj known to man, and all she does is tell me that it is the best coures to go to.

I am going to D&C at Blackdown this year. does anyone have any pointers 4 me. i go to cadets with the shortest SgtMaj known to man, and all she does is tell me that it is the best coures to go to.

Don't piss off Captain Paul. There's a video somewhere of him (then Sgt Mjr) kicking a cadet off the P2 during practice for Sunset. Its very very entertaining. ;D I wish i was there to witness it happen, but i was on Compassionate Leave.

Back