• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dragon Models Action Figures

Nieghorn

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone collect these things?  The attention to detail is pretty impressive.  Thinking of getting one for my desk at work . . .

Anyone recognize this face? 

steine74.jpg

James Coburn in 'Cross of Iron' . . . the ones of actors and historical figures seem to be rare and more expensive.  I was looking to get a British Para, but the shop down the street says they've been discontinued.  Need to look at newer ones or ebay.  If so, I'd love to get the one of Kurt Steiner (ie. Michael Caine) from The Eagle Has Landed.

Check out back issues of The Maple Leaf....

http://www.calgaryhighlanders.com/liam.htm

I helped get you a Canadian figure out of Dragon...

The Michael Caine figure was for members of the Dragon club only IIRC...an exclusive.  But you could still find him on ebay from time to time.

Yes, I remember seeing this before.  Well done!  (Now we need someone from the Canadian Parachute Battalion, though I might search out their First Special Service Bridage soldier from a while ago on ebay.)

Nieghorn said:
Yes, I remember seeing this before.   Well done!    (Now we need someone from the Canadian Parachute Battalion, though I might search out their First Special Service Bridage soldier from a while ago on ebay.)
You're in luck !!! Check out those dioramas from the Cdn Airborne Forces Museum in Petawawa:

Do a Google Search for "Blue Box Toys" (also known as BBI).  The quality, pricing and range of their current generation of figures is comparable to Dragon.

I have Dragon's Algonquin Regiment WW2 figures. They're pretty well done by Dragon, among the worst done by me!!

SScott Dumits used to do (and may still) all kinds of Canadian 1/6 scale figures, including cops and soldiers. Don't know if he's got guys with CADPAT yet though.

He's also rather expensive.

Slim

I own one of the limited edition LDSH figures Mr. Dumitt made for the regiment's 100th anniversary. Cost $40 at the War Museum. Ceremonial dress, mounted, though.

Back