• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Don't drink and drive tanks

ark

Inactive
Reaction score
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian tank crashed through a villager's house after the crew stopped to buy more vodka at a nearby shop.

Footage from a mobile phone camera showed the tank hitting a corner of the house and a laughing, and apparently drunk, driver awkwardly trying to clamber aboard with two bottles of vodka.

"Get him out of the tank," screamed a woman in the village in the Urals.

The army promised Friday to pay compensation and said the tank must have been broken and fallen behind a column heading to a test site for exercises. Earlier it said the vehicle slid on melting ice.

"Of course, there were violations but the crew acted in good faith to catch up with its unit," said Colonel Konstantin Lazutkin, spokesman for Russia's Volga-Urals Military District.

"Thank God, they didn't shoot," the house owner said on the video.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN0736682420080307

Please post the link to the video if someone finds it.

In Soviet Russia tank drives you.

(Someone had to..might as well be me)  :p

Here you go:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=188_1204915081

Enjoy!

Small point,the vehicle in the video is a Tunguska AD vehicle.

Small point, the gal in front of the Tunguska AD vehicle is wearing a mounting equpment co-op Patagonia Down Jacket in an Aegean Sea blue.

And my she is angry.

dileas

tess

- I just loved exercises in the RMA (Regtl Mnvr Area = not in a trg area)!!!

- Having said that, the most dangerous time to drive a tank drunk was onto or off of the tank train.  Hence the 'tendency' towards dry tank trains in the late 80's early 90's.  At other times, Leopards and Lynx without 'coffee creamer' (Baileys) and/or a case of 'green grenades' (Heineken) would be an exception.

TCBF
So what your saying our tank driver's could drive better drunk than theirs during the cold war? ;D

Had to be a lot of work up training!

Back