• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DND: Opportunity to provide information.

ndziy

Inactive
Reaction score
Long story short I have awful credit for 23 years old, I knew this going in and I knew that I would have to provide some form of explanation to my adverse credit history during my application process. Now I am given the opportunity to provide information on where it all went wrong and provide a valid reason to why it got to this point, They also ask for paperwork regarding payment arrangements or settlements on debts showing I am on top of things aswell as a reference letters with the specific topic of reliability. So where I'm at now is yes I am taking care of things and I have been for a little over a year now, and I know that I am a very reliable person with work and home life and I do have people that can contest to this, and since I've started my app I've had that drive and motivation to make real changes in my life. With this all being said my question is how understanding is the recruiting staff? I am very accountable for my actions and I accept that it's a long road to rebuild but things are finally looking up but I don't want to be deferred while I'm progressing this way. Has anyone been through a situation like this?

Though I have not been through a situation like this,  I can tell you that each situation is looked at individually and on it's own merits.  There's no real way of knowing what the recruiters will decide until you provide all the information and go through the process.

I know this is not the definite answer you were looking for, but I don't think anyone on the site will be able to give you a 100% certain answer, because it just isn't there.

Just go for it, the worst they can say is "No" or "Try again in a year"...

Best of Luck!!!

WatchDog87 said:
Though I have not been through a situation like this,  I can tell you that each situation is looked at individually and on it's own merits.  There's no real way of knowing what the recruiters will decide until you provide all the information and go through the process.

I know this is not the definite answer you were looking for, but I don't think anyone on the site will be able to give you a 100% certain answer, because it just isn't there.

Just go for it, the worst they can say is "No" or "Try again in a year"...

Best of Luck!!!

Yea that makes sense I know I'm over thinking it, Ive just been working hard to repair it and I want to make sure they see it but I guess yes just putting my 2 sense in and hopeing for the best I guess

I knew someone with a similar situation like yours, but this was a long time ago. In the end, the individual still got accepted into the CAF (although it took a little over two years). I've lost contact with that person; however, I will do my best over the next few days to see if I can find this old acquaintance and see if he has any tips for you. In the meantime, best of luck to you!

I submitted all my reference letters and proof of arrangements and settlements, I know it's not a whole lot of debt but it's in the past and I've learned from it. Needless to say I have high hopes in the coming days to hear anything back. Fingers crossed

Just thought I might post a small update, will post back when and if I hear anything

Back