• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DND halts millions in benefits

captloadie said:
I bet that there will be a review of IR policy with respects to the standard of room. If I had a crystal ball, I'd say the "single room with private bath" standard will disappear, and bases will be left to determine what they consider an adequate standard.

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/pub/lai-il/index-eng.asp#qra-qlr

See para 9.2, which then refers to para 5.1 regarding standards.

I didn't realize the standard was so high for residential accomodations.

So I guess according to this reference for places like Kingston, if the apartment like PMQs were administered by the Base instead of the CFHA, members would be living there instead of on the economy.

captloadie said:
I didn't realize the standard was so high for residential accomodations.

So I guess according to this reference for places like Kingston, if the apartment like PMQs were administered by the Base instead of the CFHA, members would be living there instead of on the economy.

Us IR folks are allowed ---  conjugal visits --- if you will. Any future roomies of mine should a base decide to double stack us or not provide that private washroom ... may not be amused when I exercise that option.

Oh, and there ARE some IR pers living in apartments here; there's a whole lot of IR pers here though ... can you say RMC, largest first line unit in Canada, CFSCE etc etc?

ArmyVern said:
Us IR folks are allowed ---  conjugal visits --- if you will. Any future roomies of mine should a base decide to double stack us or not provide that private washroom ... may not be amused when I exercise that option.

Now you advertise that!

dileas

tess

I read over the message and this thread and I understand that third location LTA and reverse LTA are no longer available but can someone clarify for me if LTA is still available for reservists to visit their NOK/home?  Or was this cancelled when the previous message was cancelled?  I took a look at CBI 209.50 but it doesn't mention anything about reservist specifically.

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know regular LTA for reservist is still ok, I know a person who just claimed it.

Generally, unless a reservist is specifically excluded, if a regulation says, "member," then that includes a reservist.  Reservists are members of the CF.

Received some incorrect information on first but confirmed now that LTA is still available for reservists.

captloadie said:
Years ago in Kingston rank did make a difference. Officers below the rank of Major stayed on base, Majors and above were requested (told) to live off base. I had a colleague who was finishing his degree at RMC. He started in shacks as a Capt, and when he was promoted 1 Dec to Maj was told he needed to find commercial accommodations, as there were no rooms available in the Officer's quarters fit for senior officers. No amount of persuasion would convince them to make an exception for his last 6 months of classes.

I bet that there will be a review of IR policy with respects to the standard of room. If I had a crystal ball, I'd say the "single room with private bath" standard will disappear, and bases will be left to determine what they consider an adequate standard.

Ah yes, that old rank thing. Like my visitation (of the weekend conjugal type) is lesser and less-deserved because I am not a Snr Officer. If they change their IR policy wrt accomodations, I'll be interested to see what they'll tell me, and what my shack mates will think, about my spouse visiting and staying with me over a weekend because it will happen. Even convicted criminals in Canada can enjoy private conjugal visits in private quarters (on-site) while serving their sentences; it'd be interesting to see the fallout if they tell non-convict volunteers of the CF that they can't have their spouse in their shacks (considered their residence at location X while they are posted there) even though the CF has posted them each to different locations ...

Back