• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dive Medical Forms

jaysfan17

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I'm posting on here as a last resort in the hopes that there may be one more option to try.

I sent my dive pre screening forms off to CFEME through the base hospital in Kingston, Ont in November of 2019. The docs were sent back to the dive medical officer on Feb, 10. 2020 and I had to come in for a follow up. I require prescription eye glasses, but I meet the vision requirements for PID (20/100 or 6/30 in both eyes) and the follow up was one question asking me if I had laser eye surgery, which I haven't. The DMO, thus signed off on the eyesight portion again and sent the form back to be signed with a note attached saying my targeted course is Mar 16th (in other words prioritize it). Since the follow up, I've being calling CDU2 every week up until this week to see if the forms have come back yet. On Tuesday (Mar 10th) the clerk told me to email the DMO directly, which I promptly did. The doctor emailed me back and said that she sent a request for review to the CDSM. It's been four days and still nothing. During the last few weeks, I've gone through my CoC which told me to basically keep calling every week. I don't know what else to do. The next course I want to jump on is either 30th of March or May 11th (Unless of course they get cancelled because of this virus nonsense, but I'm operating under the assumption that everything is still a go).

What are my options? Continue to wait out?

Respectfully,
jaysfan17

jaysfan17 said:
Good day everyone,

I'm posting on here as a last resort in the hopes that there may be one more option to try.

I sent my dive pre screening forms off to CFEME through the base hospital in Kingston, Ont in November of 2019. The docs were sent back to the dive medical officer on Feb, 10. 2020 and I had to come in for a follow up. I require prescription eye glasses, but I meet the vision requirements for PID (20/100 or 6/30 in both eyes) and the follow up was one question asking me if I had laser eye surgery, which I haven't. The DMO, thus signed off on the eyesight portion again and sent the form back to be signed with a note attached saying my targeted course is Mar 16th (in other words prioritize it). Since the follow up, I've being calling CDU2 every week up until this week to see if the forms have come back yet. On Tuesday (Mar 10th) the clerk told me to email the DMO directly, which I promptly did. The doctor emailed me back and said that she sent a request for review to the CDSM. It's been four days and still nothing. During the last few weeks, I've gone through my CoC which told me to basically keep calling every week. I don't know what else to do. The next course I want to jump on is either 30th of March or May 11th (Unless of course they get cancelled because of this virus nonsense, but I'm operating under the assumption that everything is still a go).

Respectfully,
jaysfan17

Your course ain't happening, dude. Per the CDS, schools and colleges are 'restricted from new entrants', i.e., new courses will not start anywhere. Your job until further notice is to not be sick and to be ready to go.

jaysfan17 said:
Good day everyone,

Respectfully,
jaysfan17

Also, your file isn't the only one the CDSM has to go through - if out of Kingston, likely has to go to DRDC Toronto, which gets a lot of dive files (Clearance and Ship's Divers, SAR, etc) including accident investigations as well.  Short answer - flip a coin as to when you'll hear.

MM

medicineman said:
Also, your file isn't the only one the CDSM has to go through - if out of Kingston, likely has to go to DRDC Toronto, which gets a lot of dive files (Clearance and Ship's Divers, SAR, etc) including accident investigations as well.  Short answer - flip a coin as to when you'll hear.

MM

I suppose you’re correct, but considering how long my paperwork has been sitting in Toronto for I don’t see why I haven’t received that final signature; but I guess it doesn’t really matter anymore because despite my unit saying trades training hasn’t been cancelled yet, my Dive PO is anticipating it to be (also, I read the CDS’s message regarding the restrictions). I was really looking forward to training and now I’m not sure what I’ll be doing for employment this spring/summer.

Back