• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dissapointed with Canadian forces

irrost

Inactive
Reaction score
I was born in Ontario . Since age 15 I wanted to go to military and worked hard for it, I finished highschool with academic honours with average of 91%. I go to gym 5 days a week, and am very fit. I first applied military 3 years ago and completed all the tests and interview without problems, did my weapon training without any problems. However at last minute after I passed all tests and everything I was told that unfortunately the position is no longer available. I waited whole year, making phone calls from time to time but guys at recruiting office only had 1 advice - reapply next year, so I did, no answers no offers nothing even though I made lots of calls. 3rd year in a row no answer from anybody. If a men who has always wanted to go to military , passes all tests, has no medical problems, no debt, no criminal history cannot get into Military of his own country it's obvious that something is either wrong with him or the recruiting. However if World War 3 ever began they would take in everyone to send to battlefronts, just like my grandfather was practically forced to go to war.

irrost said:
or the recruiting.

Considering that a large number of people get recruited each and every year, i don't think the CF is the problem here.

Rheostatic said:
What weapon training?

Yeah. Something ain't right with that story.

irrost said:
it's obvious that something is either wrong with him or the recruiting.

So, in your case it must be the recruiting, right?  ::)

Sounds like you did some Reserve training and then there was no position.....or something like that........  Normally, weapons training is only done on BMQ, which you will only be put on if there is a position open.  Let me guess, were you a co-op student?

At any rate, the recruiting centre will not call you for Res F positions, you have to get a letter from the unit saying they have a position.  For the Reg F, I'd think you'd have to apply again.

I'm more concerned with the standard of education in this province if an honours student employs written communication skills of that calibre.

Towards_the_gap said:
I'm more concerned with the standard of education in this province if an honours student employs written communication skills of that calibre.

I just read the whole paragraph with a russian accent, it made more sense gramatically that way.

I was going to give a long speech about how lots of people don't make it and you have to keep checking for positions... I'll go for a beer instead. I'm on vacation.

Bzzliteyr said:
I just read the whole paragraph with a russian accent, it made more sense gramatically that way.

It does! You're so right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_(grammar)

Bzzliteyr said:

In Soviet Russia, grammar corrects you !

Im not too sure about the rest of you, but I wasnt allowed into the CF until I could field strip a C-7 while hanging upside down by my knees on a chin-up bar.......

I guess where I signed up at, you really had to want to get in the military......

What a wahoo.

Yeah, after 32 years I am kinda disappointed to, can I have my money back?

Bzzliteyr said:

ME TOO! It just came naturally...  :eek:

Towards_the_gap said:

I'm on leave in ON at the moment.  I want to go to the school that he got his 91% and superman-punch the English teacher.

ditchpig041 said:
Im not too sure about the rest of you, but I wasnt allowed into the CF until I could field strip a C-7 while hanging upside down by my knees on a chin-up bar.......

I guess where I signed up at, you really had to want to get in the military......

What a wahoo.

noob in my day you were expected to show up at the recruiters cave with all your own kit, sandals, loin cloth, pointed stick and at least two rocks and be able to clean and use all of it.  8)

And as I recall ,you screwed that up Danjanou. Your stick was dirty!!! :warstory:

Towards_the_gap said:

It's not that hard to get an A these days in english. With spell and grammer check on computers and teachers not really caring to much (some not all).

startbutton said:
It's not that hard to get an A these days in english. With spell and grammer check on computers and teachers not really caring to much (some not all).

I see what you did there  :blotto:

cypres78 said:
I'm interested to hear about your weapons training during the recruiting  process.

I'm with Moe; has to be a co-op student to explain that. Also thinking ESL as someone who graduated high school with a 91% overall average wouldn't, I would think, have the number of grammatical and tense errors in their post that this pers did (or a grandpa 'almost forced' to go to war <--- in Canada??).

Back