• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

Please help me break this down.

Of the 122 cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa among vaccine-eligible residents between July 18 and Aug. 21, 80 cases were identified in unvaccinated residents or residents who received a COVID-19 vaccine under 14 days before testing positive.

Twenty-six cases were identified in partially vaccinated residents, while 16 fully vaccinated residents tested positive.

So in the top paragraph it says 42 vaccinated people tested positive. In the bottom paragraph it says 16 fully vaccinated and 26 partially vaccinated tested positive.

If I add 16 and 26 I get 42.

In the top paragraph it says 80 patients that were unvaccinated or recieved a shot less than 14 days prior. So even if you are partially vaccinated you don't get that heading until two weeks have passed.

Why does it need to be this complicated, why can't the add a little transparency and just list the numbers as unvaccinated, one shot<14 days, partially vaccinated, second shot<14 days, and fully vaccinated.....

What if 65 of the 80 cases were people that recieved their shot less than 14 days ago and that is what is giving them a positive test?

Antigens you develop do not cause you to test positive for COVID.
Regardless of the reason, it would be great to know how many have been vaccinated <14 days prior as a separate statistic.

Maybe the immune system is weaker and we require self isolation after the shot. Again provided a good portion of the 80 were recently vaccinated

This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.

Actually not surprised. No doubt this has been discussed at the Police Association of Ontario level. What remains to be seen is whether the TPA is in step with the PAOs position or is an outlier - I haven't seen positions from other major associations.
Sounds like some emergency services locals are fighting pretty hard against mask and vaccination mandates in the U.S.

Says he spent 95 days in hospital before finally passing at age 41. Too long to suffer. Too young to die.
Cordero was initially diagnosed with pneumonia and admitted to a hospital on March 30, 2020, where he was later diagnosed with COVID-19 during the COVID-19 pandemic in Los Angeles[18] in critical condition, on a ventilator, and being treated with dialysis and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).[19] On April 18, 2020, his right leg was amputated due to a blood clot as a result of complications from his illness.[20] By May 1, 2020, he had major lung damage including "holes in his lungs" and lung scarring,[21] and had a tracheostomy tube placed.[22][23][24][18]

On July 5, 2020, after 95 days in the hospital, Cordero died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles at age 41.

Since 45% of the US population has hypertension or is treated for hypertension, 13% of the US population has diabetes and 43% is obese, I would say that people in “poor health” make up the majority of people in the US. Shouldn’t we attempt to protect the majority of the population?

Since 45% of the US population has hypertension or is treated for hypertension, 13% of the US population has diabetes and 43% is obese, I would say that people in “poor health” make up the majority of people in the US. Shouldn’t we attempt to protect the majority of the population?
I think they made their choice and knew the consequences and should have to pay for any healthcare required out of pocket. Not a cent should come from the public purse for these people that purposefully put themselves at risk. By putting themselves at risk, they put me at risk of not having a hospital bed should I become injured. Heart disease is the leading cause of death and costs the most to our healthcare.

Checks notes

Change your question to antivaxers please, so that my rant makes complete sense.

I think they made their choice and knew the consequences and should have to pay for any healthcare required out of pocket. Not a cent should come from the public purse for these people that purposefully put themselves at risk. By putting themselves at risk, they put me at risk of not having a hospital bed should I become injured. Heart disease is the leading cause of death and costs the most to our healthcare.

Checks notes

Change your question to antivaxers please, so that my rant makes complete sense.
We should just let those people die then? I don’t mean to be crass but that’d be a significant portion of our military…

AFAIK, anti-vaxers don’t make up the majority of our population. As much as I disagree with their stance, they should be treated for deceases. There is no law that say thou shall not be obese or thou shall get the needles.

We should just let those people die then? I don’t mean to be crass but that’d be a significant portion of our military…

AFAIK, anti-vaxers don’t make up the majority of our population. As much as I disagree with their stance, they should be treated for deceases. There is no law that say thou shall not be obese or thou shall get the needles.
I actually agree with your position wholeheartedly.

On the issue of "no law ... thou shall get needles." The Federal and various provincial "Emergencies" Acts are very broad and give the various executives very broad powers to make orders that deal with the emergency. While there is nothing directly about accepting forced medical treatment , there is really nothing against it either (one might have to argue the applicability/non-applicability of S 7 of the Charter to such an order) but more importantly, there are provisions that could greatly curtail movement. Those provisions could easily be tailored to people who either have a disease or alternatively do not have a specified levels of protection against it.

I don't want to get involved in any great debate about whether this is right or wrong or whether, in the circumstances, these provisions should be triggered I just want to point out that there are legal regimes throughout Canada that give extraordinary powers to the various government executives to hand down orders and regulations that can bypass the ordinary legislative process and which may very well pass muster as avoiding Charter issues as "reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society".

🍻

No, I was being mostly sarcastic as I've seen this kind of sentiment towards those who chose not to take the jab.

I agree with you completely. We need to protect our population and we shouldn't be segregating based on vaccine, smoking, heart disease etc.

As for the original post, we need better education on the subject. Perhaps a larger roll for phys-ed at every level of education could be a great start.

I find they are going to far, I can see an argument for saying no to unvaccinated people indoors, but banning them from an outdoor patio, that's vindictive and there is little to no science to support significant transmission in outdoor settings. My wife is still having heart issues, which they still are not sure what is causing them, all of the vaccines have warnings about potentiel heart issues, so she is rightly worried about the possible effect and going by her previous history the likelhood of a reaction is high.

I was wondering if you guys can help me figure something out.
Im very against the vaccination passport (this is not the discussion I want to have). What I am curious about is if we are allowed to go to a protest against it, as a CAF member. I’m not sure if there are regulations against this kind of thing. I don’t want to get charged if caught in a protest.

Back