• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

So we get the vaccine to protect us and others from the virus and then are scared that those without the vaccine will give us the virus so require them to get the vaccine or be punished. hmmmm.

Personally I think let them go without and when they catch it let them treat themselves at home. Vaccine passport to get medical treatment for Covid as the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it.
My kids aren’t old enough to get vaccinated, so they’re not only harming themselves.

Personally I think let them go without and when they catch it let them treat themselves at home. Vaccine passport to get medical treatment for Covid as the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it.

OK so if a smoker develops lung cancer do we tell them "gee you idiot that's your own fault, go home and treat yourself".

OK so if a smoker develops lung cancer do we tell them "gee you idiot that's your own fault, go home and treat yourself".
If you are as old as I am (and I'm sure you are) and grew up in a blue haze because ... Marlboro country ... then, no; but younger folks who have known for decades what this shyte will do to them .....

Smokers already pay extra insurance premiums because of their self-inflicted risks. I certainly do not advocate withholding medical treatment but I would certainly advocate for tax incentives for non smokers so that smokers pay a little more for government funded health care.

When you phrase things as "punishing offenders" you automatically raise a negative reaction. It's much better to provide "incentives" for those who comply.

🍻

So let me get this straight, first we force people to be part of and pay for a healthcare system you cannot opt out of or have any other alternative to. Then we should also put all sorts of restrictions on receiving medical care because of things that could have been 'preventable' or based off your own decisions? Smoking, Alcohol, maybe not wearing a seat belt, oh eating all that junk food caused diabetes? Well that's on you. Basically everything thing you deal with can be blamed on you in some way or form.

Got the flu? Well you should have been hiding in the woods away from society. Car accident? You shouldn't have been driving, everyone knows it is a dangerous act.

Welcome to the creation of a divided society, one where certain people believe they know what is best for everyone else and if you don't comply they shall do their utmost to destroy you or ruin you.

I think that a more realistic way of addressing things like smoking is placing high taxes on cigarettes/vapes. This helps to deter smoking/vaping and helps to recover some of the health care costs. I'm sure we will see the taxes gradually increase over time. I'd love to see the legal age gradually rise as well.

Pretty sure tobacco is taxed high already. The way I see it, is most smokers will die earlier thus they are less of a burden on the health care system. IMO.

Jesus. You really should re-read your own post. If people get it (that are vaccinated), support them. If they get it (not vaccinated), too bad so sad.

Let's go ahead and cancel all the knee and hip surgeries for anyone who is obese. Paralyzed while speeding on your motorcycle? Sucks to be you!!!!, should have kept to the speed limit stupid!

Pretty sure tobacco is taxed high already. The way I see it, is most smokers will die earlier thus they are less of a burden on the health care system. IMO.
The majority of smokers live until they are 70 and when they die cancer isn't cheap.

If I'm a healthy under 40, the government is pushing me to get a vaccine of a disease I have a 99.996% chance of walking away from.
Now look at all those side effects. I can catch it and get good immunity or I can take this injection. An injection that the GOVERNMENT OF CANADA ADMITS MAY FUCK UP MY HEART and give me all sorts of shit. I'm not saying Covid is better. Covid is probably worse. I don't feel like taking your dirty clot shot.
Video very much related.

Fuck your tyranny. Freedom for ALL Canadians. Fuck your politics.
I don't give a fuck about your politics. I will not be divided. I will not turn against fellow Canadians.

Last edited:
If I'm a healthy under 40, the government is pushing me to get a vaccine I have a 99.996% chance of walking away from.
Now look at all those side effects. I can catch it and get good immunity or I can take this injection. An injection that the GOVERNMENT OF CANADA ADMITS MAY FUCK UP MY HEART and give me all sorts of shit. I'm not saying Covid is better. Covid is probably worse. I don't feel like taking your dirty clot shot.
Video very much related.

I don't give a fuck about your politics. I will not be divided. I will not turn against fellow Canadians.
You know MAYBE you should take your opinions elsewhere. Get stuffed, STFU and go away.

Actual COVID statistics still has a 1.8% death rate, with approx 25% of people that get it having 'long COVID' symptoms that include severe fatigue, difficulty breathing, permanent damage to organs and more. Get gooder at math before trying to quote statistics, and do some research on actual non-fatal but life changing effects. Best case you eventually recover from the long term side effects, but worse case you become unserviceable and get punted for not meeting universality of service for being a dumb ass.

So you have a 75% chance of walking away, and a 98% of not dying, but the downsides are almost completely preventable with a vaccine. You are statistically less likely to die in a car ride, but most people agree seat belts and airbags make sense, and that drivers should be licensed.

Won't be too sorry if people get released for complaining about 'muh rights', without actually understand A) what their rights are and B) actual facts about what they are complaining about. Probably a Venn diagram there but probably an overlap there between administrative burdens, soup sandwhiches, and anti-vax nutjobs. Also, no one has actually ordered CAF members to do anything, because most CAF members aren't fucking idiots and were happy to jump at the chance to get a vaccine that people elsewhere are literally dying to get, so the uptake is pretty high.

If I'm a healthy under 40, the government is pushing me to get a vaccine of a disease I have a 99.996% chance of walking away from.
Video very much related.

Be a lot cooler if you threw a dumb red hat on and did an angry rant video in your truck.

Video very much related.

I actually support your decision and your evocation of your freedom of choice. But understand, there are consequences. You are best positioned to know whether the cost-benefit analysis works out for you.

We, as a collective, and based on what I suggest is sound medical advice across the international community, have decided that vaccination is the best way forward. Your opinion may differ.

The cost-benefit analysis calculus will force you to think about/limit your ability for travel, employment, social interactions, and day to day living.. If you are assuming a "rage against the machine" position, you will likely lose out against science and popular opinion.

Last edited:
On the other hand the union representing 43,000 of Disney World's 77,000 is on board with mandatory vaccinations or loose your job.

Leaves you wondering which one of these two organizations is the real Mickey Mouse club.

😉

On the other hand the union representing 43,000 of Disney World's 77,000 is on board with mandatory vaccinations or loose your job.

Leaves you wondering which one of these two organizations is the real Mickey Mouse club.

😉
Mickey runs a tight ship. That I can declare with 100% confidence 👍🏻

Actual COVID statistics still has a 1.8% death rate, with approx 25% of people that get it having 'long COVID' symptoms that include severe fatigue, difficulty breathing, permanent damage to organs and more. Get gooder at math before trying to quote statistics, and do some research on actual non-fatal but life changing effects. Best case you eventually recover from the long term side effects, but worse case you become unserviceable and get punted for not meeting universality of service for being a dumb ass.

So you have a 75% chance of walking away, and a 98% of not dying, but the downsides are almost completely preventable with a vaccine. You are statistically less likely to die in a car ride, but most people agree seat belts and airbags make sense, and that drivers should be licensed.

Won't be too sorry if people get released for complaining about 'muh rights', without actually understand A) what their rights are and B) actual facts about what they are complaining about. Probably a Venn diagram there but probably an overlap there between administrative burdens, soup sandwhiches, and anti-vax nutjobs. Also, no one has actually ordered CAF members to do anything, because most CAF members aren't fucking idiots and were happy to jump at the chance to get a vaccine that people elsewhere are literally dying to get, so the uptake is pretty high.
Get gooder at math lmao.

I'm not siding with anyone on this, but come on. 1.8% death rate? Where are you getting this statistic? We have no way of knowing the percentage because not everyone was getting tested; therefore, we can not know the denominator.....

~27,000 deaths with a population of 37,000,000.

I get we had a lot of restrictions that were put in place to limit spread etc. So let's look at Sweden who stayed open (as far as I'm aware anyways)

~15,000 deaths with a population of 10,250,000

So a jump from 0.07% death rate to 0.14%.

I think this is the far more accurate way of determine the death rate and I'm willing to accept that people that died with COVID and maybe not directly because of COVID are in these numbers.

Get gooder at math lmao.

I'm not siding with anyone on this, but come on. 1.8% death rate? Where are you getting this statistic? We have no way of knowing the percentage because not everyone was getting tested; therefore, we can not know the denominator.....

~27,000 deaths with a population of 37,000,000.

I get we had a lot of restrictions that were put in place to limit spread etc. So let's look at Sweden who stayed open (as far as I'm aware anyways)

~15,000 deaths with a population of 10,250,000

So a jump from 0.07% death rate to 0.14%.

I think this is the far more accurate way of determine the death rate and I'm willing to accept that people that died with COVID and maybe not directly because of COVID are in these numbers.
Sweden did indeed have restrictions, I was unable to find the full details. However at the link are details of the easing of restrictions in July.

I currently live in Ireland, here there have been 340,000 confirmed cases and 5074 deaths attributed to COVID. Putting a death rate at approx 1.5%, approximately inline with what was quoted above. Admittedly, with asymptomatic carriers included (the unknowns) the mortality rate would be lowered. Further, Ireland experienced approx 10% more deaths in 2020 vs 2019.

Seriously, with most of the worlds governments, of different political stripes, doing largely the same thing. I would extrapolate that they are all receiving the same advise from public health experts. People that can't see that and think this is just a political game are a risk to everyone that cannot be vaccinated, including my 11 year old asthmatic daughter. Putting "my rights" before the common good, is just selfish.

Back