• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disgusting Display from a vet in Irving's Big Stop Restaurant

Yeah, having a brain fart right now, but forget the catch all that was attached to charges when I served that is similar.
S.129 NDA. Conduct prejudicial to the maintenance of good order and discipline.

I believe a person who is released can be charged with service offences that were committed while they were in. But once out, except for the narrow circumstances in which civilians might fall under the CSD, the CSD does not apply; there’s no carryover because you’re a vet.

If you want to throw on your old beret, medals, and collar dogs and have a big stupid tantrum at the truck stop, there’s no unique military offense to smoke a veteran for that. He is of course still potentially subject to provincial offences related to pandemic restrictions. If it gets stupid enough, criminal offences like mischief and causing a disturbance apply.

If you want to throw on your old beret, medals, and collar dogs and have a big stupid tantrum at the truck stop, there’s no unique military offense to smoke a veteran for that. He is of course still potentially subject to provincial offences related to pandemic restrictions. If it gets stupid enough, criminal offences like mischief and causing a disturbance apply.

CC 419(a) enters the conversation right about now...

Of course there could be a QR&O 17.06(3) escape hatch if someone in authority ever granted some sort of blanket authority.

Of course there could be a QR&O 17.06(3) escape hatch if someone in authority ever granted some sort of blanket authority.
I'm not sure if wearing a beret counts as being in uniform.

South West Asia Medal with Afghanistan Bar, CD with one bar. Since he does not have the General Campaign Star, he would have had to have served in Afghanistan between September 11th, 2001 and April 24th, 2003.
Well I agree that the member in question is an asshat, those dates for the SWASM are off. I got my SWASM in 2004 and was part of TF1-06 which was SWASM as well not sure if 3-06 was though.

Well I agree that the member in question is an asshat, those dates for the SWASM are off. I got my SWASM in 2004 and was part of TF1-06 which was SWASM as well not sure if 3-06 was though.
Those dates were based on him not having the GCS-SWA.

I was out to lunch. Found him on fb (not hard from the video), and he has SWASM with bar and GCS with bar. No CD. That makes much more sense. A post on his page mentions tours in 05 and 07.

Quick glance at the page- angry vet, self identified with PTSD and the politics you’d expect from this rant.

So yeah, he was a giant dick, but I won’t drag him beyond this one event.
What I saw:

Guy who is very angry, probably about most things in his life. The vaccination laws are just an excuse to be angry about something.

I don't understand why people protest at restaurants. It is not up to the restaurant to decide if they want to check if you are vaccinated or not, they are just following the law. If they don't check they can get in a lot of trouble.

If people don't like the law complain to your member of parliament. Don't be a prick to the staff at the restaurant or store that are most likely making minimum wage.

Same with people who complain about the prices to staff who have no say on the prices.

What I saw:

Guy who is very angry, probably about most things in his life. The vaccination laws are just an excuse to be angry about something.

I think a lot of vets are surprised at how little people outside of the military care about their service.

Quite a few seem stuck in the 2005 - 2012 timeframe whether they have mental health issues or not as well.

S.129 NDA. Conduct prejudicial to the maintenance of good order and discipline.

Close - Conduct to the prejudice of good order and discipline
I believe a person who is released can be charged with service offences that were committed while they were in. But once out, except for the narrow circumstances in which civilians might fall under the CSD, the CSD does not apply; there’s no carryover because you’re a vet.

(y) This is what I eluded to earlier.

NDA Sect 69

A person who is subject to the Code of Service Discipline at the time of the alleged commission of a service offence may be charged, dealt with and tried at any time under the Code

I think a lot of vets are surprised at how little people outside of the military care about their service.

Quite a few seem stuck in the 2005 - 2012 timeframe whether they have mental health issues or not as well.

The mental health part...just because the vet in question isn't totally losing it, doesn't mean he doesn't have some mental health concerns, and they might present more around Nov 11th.

Not saying that is a justification, either, but perhaps a factor as to why that day was the one the video was taken. A cry for help sort of thing...

I'm curious, can a vet be charged with military discipline after their service period, or any criminal charter violations for disgraceful conduct, or conduct unbecoming while representing the CAF?
From what I read on here, apparrently not.

I did not listen to the audio. But, if I understand correctly, it was an anti-mask rant directed at employees, in front of their customers, recorded by the guy so he could upload it to the internet.

If he has a non-CAF employer, "professionsl conduct outside of profession" may apply.

Certain jobs require a high level of skill and a high level of trust from both employers and the public. For employees working in those types of positions, it’s possible that off-duty behaviour can call into question that trust, if it demonstrates poor judgment. And if an employer no longer has confidence that an employee has the judgment to perform a job of high skill and responsibility, the result could be dismissal.

I'm no HR expert. But, I have seen it happen.

I did not listen to the audio. But, if I understand correctly, it was an anti-mask rant directed at employees, in front of their customers, recorded by the guy so he could upload it to the internet.

If he has a non-CAF employer, "professionsl conduct outside of profession" may apply.

This is it. The guy went in there with intent. It wasn’t just him losing it. He filmed it and uploaded it as well. That doesn’t mean there isn’t a mental health vector but still…

More anti-vax, and that’s consistent with his Facebook page. Of course after lipping off at the hostess about the privacy of his medical information, he proceeds to strut through the restaurant and at one point announces “I’m unvaccinated”. So I’m not sure I buy the real privacy concern.

Obviously he went there with intent. Regardless of his service or the mental health injury he disclosed on his page, he was still being an asshole, and PTSD doesn’t excuse that.

Yup, seen lots of that. You’re bang on.

Is "Irving's Big Stop" part of a chain?

Reason I ask is, an anti-masker went on rant at T and T supermarket in Mississauga. They banned him.

But, the kicker was,
Loblaw Companies Inc., the parent company for T&T Supermarket, banned McCash from all their stores, including T&T Supermarket, Loblaws and Shoppers Drug Mart.

Unless he was wearing medals or accoutrements that he was not entitled to, CCC s 419 doesn't apply. A switched on defence counsel would argue how do you define "uniform" for the purposes of QR&O 17.06(3)? All? Part? If so, which parts?

Back