• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disabled veterans jeered at swimming pool

tomahawk6 said:
I may be off base but I think the Brits problems are caused by MOD's decision to let NHS handle the needs of wounded soldiers instead of maintaining at least one military hospital.

I think I know where you're coming from on this (and possibly have a glimmer of where you're GOING with it) - but the British military's current budget woes and resultant public spat with the Government do NOT excuse the abhorrent behaviour of the people mentioned in the article.

"Might scare the children" - in my experience with kids they are full of an honest and open curiousity about things like amputations - they tend to be FASCINATED by such things (as mentioned by a previous poster).  The KIDS might embarrass the VETS - but I strongly doubt the vets will scare the children.

Edited to credit a previous poster (who I'm too lazy to look up) with the "children being curious" idea.

Just two girls running their mouth.

Get that in Canada all the time.
If we didn't have soldiers we wouldn't have wars!

::)

tomahawk6 said:
I may be off base but I think the Brits problems are caused by MOD's decision to let NHS handle the needs of wounded soldiers instead of maintaining at least one military hospital.

In this case these wounded soldiers were in-patients from a military medical facility, the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre at RAF Headley Court.  The DMRC, which has been operating as a RAF and then joint service rehab facility since after WW2, does not have a swimming pool so they went to the neighbouring leisure centre where the incident occurred.

I've regained my speech and I totally agree with shaming and naming those c*&%s. :mad:

I think this proves that people are becoming more and more ignorant.
Sure, our technology is awesome and means of communcation are great too..but people are just becoming dumber and dumber (for lack of a better word)

those are my 3 cents.

And I strongly agree that they be named and shamed  :mad:  and as punishment...make them go through recruit training.
Maybe then they will get a clue as to what it takes to be a serviceman/woman.

Back