• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Direct Entry Officer (DEO) questions [Merged]

Oh my God,

I was tired of waiting THAT phone call... So I've call the RC and I just got my offer!!!!

He made me choose  the BMOQ of september or October... I've choose the October one,
so I'll be in better shape and more prepare!

So on October 24, I'll be a DEO , Nursing Officer ! Yay!

Summers said:
Oh my God,

I was tired of waiting THAT phone call... So I've call the RC and I just got my offer!!!!

He made me choose  the BMOQ of september or October... I've choose the October one,
so I'll be in better shape and more prepare!

So on October 24, I'll be a DEO , Nursing Officer ! Yay!

Congrats! Hope I am as lucky as you in the next few days.

Hey guys,

I received a phone call this afternoon from my CFRC and was offered an Armour Officer position! It is a really nice surprise since I called two weeks ago and was told it was closed...  I was actually waiting for a call for Infantry Officer or HCA Officer, my second and third choices...

Well, it just made my day!

I'll be at the BMOQ starting on October 24th!

pedro22 said:
Hey guys,

I received a phone call this afternoon from my CFRC and was offered an Armour Officer position! It is a really nice surprise since I called two weeks ago and was told it was closed...  I was actually waiting for a call for Infantry Officer or HCA Officer, my second and third choices...

Well, it just made my day!

I'll be at the BMOQ starting on October 24th!

Congrats! what CFRC are you with?

Hello all,

I've got a lot of great info from these forums in the past months while applying and being processed, but have not really had anything to post. I figured now that I have an offer I'd post the relevant info, just in case anyone out there is in a similar situation and is waiting and wondering.

I applied for aerospace engineer and construction engineer in early 2011 and received an offer for construction engineer this afternoon (Monday aug. 22), which I promptly accepted. Its my understanding that national selection occurred for both of these trades on Friday the 19th.

I'm super excited now that I've got the offer, I really wasn't sure which trade I would prefer, aerospace sounded like it would provide some really cool educational opportunities,  but I think constr eng probably is better suited to my personality.

I was processed through CFRC Victoria, and will be starting BMOQ Sept. 26th.

Can't wait guys/gals!

EIT said:
Hello all,

I've got a lot of great info from these forums in the past months while applying and being processed, but have not really had anything to post. I figured now that I have an offer I'd post the relevant info, just in case anyone out there is in a similar situation and is waiting and wondering.

I applied for aerospace engineer and construction engineer in early 2011 and received an offer for construction engineer this afternoon (Monday aug. 22), which I promptly accepted. Its my understanding that national selection occurred for both of these trades on Friday the 19th.

I'm super excited now that I've got the offer, I really wasn't sure which trade I would prefer, aerospace sounded like it would provide some really cool educational opportunities,  but I think constr eng probably is better suited to my personality.

Can't wait guys/gals!

Congratulations! I hope I can join you next year as a Construction Engineering brother.

I wish you all the best.

EIT said:
Hello all,

Can't wait guys/gals!

Congratulations!

I was just looking at the forces website and noticed that Infantry Officer was just removed from the list of trades that are accepting applications.  All I have to say is good job recruiting center!  My file has been sitting with your bookings clerk for about a month waiting for a call for my update interview.  Every time I call it’s the same old lip service of “It shouldn’t be long”  This is the second time this has happened.  The Canadian Forces recruiting system has to be the most inefficient/hopeless process that I have ever dealt with!  What a joke!  Better luck next year.

Hey, just wondering if anyone from the Hamilton area has heard anything about DEO Infantry?  Or even anyone in Ontario? 

Clarkyo - no longer accepting applications does not for certain mean they are not still processing applications in progress. Selections are local, so your local CFRC has little to say in the update which says the position is now full. Have you called them to confirm your application has been canceled?

The other possibility was your application was not deemed a high priority (for any number of reasons) - not least of which might be competitiveness (lower then average CFAT, medical or credit issues, who knows what else). I understand the frustration, but there is more going on then your particular application in the decision making process.

Aka - Knowing about other people in Ontario probably won't help you figure out the status of your application - Infantry Officers are selected locally. Good Luck! (Give your RC a call!)

Thank you for the replay Arysayle.  The last time I spoke to the recruiting center (2 weeks ago) I was told that it was going slow because they have a very high number of applicants and can only do 10 interviews a day.  Sounds to me that the recruiting center is not equipped to handle the workload they receive.  I feel that my file is very competitive and have been told this by a couple recruiters so hopefully that isn’t the reason for the delay.  I have already written the C FAT and passed with flying colours (only 4 wrong answers).  Sounds to me that I need to head to the recruiting center in person to hopefully find out what the problem is.  This has been a very frustrating process.  If I wasn’t so stubborn I would have thrown in the towel ages ago.

clarkyo said:
Thank you for the replay Arysayle.  The last time I spoke to the recruiting center (2 weeks ago) I was told that it was going slow because they have a very high number of applicants and can only do 10 interviews a day.  Sounds to me that the recruiting center is not equipped to handle the workload they receive.  I feel that my file is very competitive and have been told this by a couple recruiters so hopefully that isn’t the reason for the delay.  I have already written the C FAT and passed with flying colours (only 4 wrong answers).  Sounds to me that I need to head to the recruiting center in person to hopefully find out what the problem is.  This has been a very frustrating process.  If I wasn’t so stubborn I would have thrown in the towel ages ago.

When did you apply? Most of us who recieved offers so far had waited at least 4-5 months since our application dates. Be patient and you'll get your chance.

Well my application has only been in for a month and a half.  I spent over a year trying to become a MARS officer (was merit listed after all the selections had taken place).  That trade is now closed indefinitely.  Before that I spent a considerable amount of time trying to become an officer in one of the combat arms.  That never worked out due to being a V4 (had laser surgery) and a cashew allergy (had testing done to prove that it was not serious).  It took me about 6 months to clear that up. Once I was medically fit, I waited roughly a year for trades that did not open.  That is why I chose to go MARS. 

So as of now I have spent 3 long years trying to get in.  The last thing I want to happen is for this trade to close like my MARS application did.  This is what I want to do with my life and I know I will be a very successful officer so I am willing to wait for my chance whenever it happens.

I am probably being paranoid due to my string of bad luck...either way I will be visiting the recruiting center in the very near future to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

Well my application has only been in for a month and a half.  I spent over a year trying to become a MARS officer (was merit listed after all the selections had taken place).  That trade is now closed indefinitely.  Before that I spent a considerable amount of time trying to become an officer in one of the combat arms.  That never worked out due to being a V4 (had laser surgery) and a cashew allergy (had testing done to prove that it was not serious).  It took me about 6 months to clear that up. Once I was medically fit, I waited roughly a year for trades that did not open.  That is why I chose to go MARS.

So as of now I have spent 3 long years trying to get in.  The last thing I want to happen is for this trade to close like my MARS application did.  This is what I want to do with my life and I know I will be a very successful officer so I am willing to wait for my chance whenever it happens.

I am probably being paranoid due to my string of bad luck...either way I will be visiting the recruiting center in the very near future to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

That -is- bad luck. I too have been waiting for more than 2 years to get into the Infantry/Armoured officer position. In fact, I too had to go through the whole prove-that-the-allergy-isn't-serious process this year and it took around 2-3 months to clear it all up. By the time I was merit listed a month ago, the selection board had come and gone. I probably will also have to wait till year 3.

Btw, make sure that you visit the recruiting centre and consult with an officer in charge [title?]. They take a look at your application and identify bottlenecks, if any. I had my file mis-categorized and they helped in reinstating it to the right "pile".

I really do hope that you get in the trade you want this time..

So,
I month left till next BMOQ September, 26.
Now I can say- I got my job offer too.

sky777 said:
So,

Congrats!

Which trade did you get?

See you there!

sky777 said:
So,

Congrats sky777 - I know you were anxious to get a position.
I'm happy for you. Enjoy the ride !  :)

Back