• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Direct Entry Officer (DEO) questions [Merged]

So I just called the CFRC for an update on my application and the guy said that I should be "looking forward to a call next week" and that he "couldn't go into details but it looks good."

Is there a purpose for being so vague? haha

reboog said:
So I just called the CFRC for an update on my application and the guy said that I should be "looking forward to a call next week" and that he "couldn't go into details but it looks good."

Congratulations!

reboog said:

I just did the same thing this afternoon. I was told on friday that I should expect a call within a few days, foolish me I never asked for what trade. So today when I made the call the Private told me that my file is with a selection officer and that usually means a very high chance of getting an offer. However he could not go into details because it was no listed on my file quite yet. The private explained to me that the Corporal that I spoke with last friday is a file clerk so he may have has access to something that the private did not.

Hope that helps a little bit.

reboog said:

I had the same sort of phone call about a week and a half before getting an official offer, and manged to speak to my file manager afterward.  He explained that when we spoke, I'd been selected but they still had to finalize a course date, and won't be specific until that was set in case the starting date was pushed back.

Meanwhile, my file has been sitting with the bookings clerk for roughly 2 weeks.  I had my application in at the end of June.  All that needs to be done is an update interview/medical.  I have already completed my CFAT and obtained an excellent score.  Looks like there will not be any more positions available by the time they get around to me.  This will be the second time this has happened.  I wonder if one can have their file moved from one recruiting center to another.  I live in a city and it is obvious that my RC does not have enough staff to handle the amount of applications they receive. 

Thanks for the insight, guys. I'm pretty excited about this phone call next week. Fingers crossed

clarkyo said:
Meanwhile, my file has been sitting with the bookings clerk for roughly 2 weeks.  I had my application in at the end of June.  All that needs to be done is an update interview/medical.  I have already completed my CFAT and obtained an excellent score.  Looks like there will not be any more positions available by the time they get around to me.  This will be the second time this has happened.  I wonder if one can have their file moved from one recruiting center to another.  I live in a city and it is obvious that my RC does not have enough staff to handle the amount of applications they receive.

I feel your pain. I'm going to be missing this year's cut as well. I originally applied in November of 2009 and have been chasing this ever since.  It's a good thing I applied to grad school in January as a backup and still working in my industry.

There is a way to transfer your file to a different recruiting centre. Go to the new recruiting centre and request to have it moved. It takes time though.

Update: I just got an early morning phone call from my file manager at CFRC Montreal informing me that I have been selected for my position! She also said that since I've moved back home to BC, I can have my file transferred to a nearby CRFC (New Westminster) and have my travel back to Montreal payed for by the army!

Good luck to all others who are waiting on the Montreal office for their offers! This means they the gears are turning, boys.

Congratulations.

Did they mention which trade you were selected for?

DanKnee said:
Congratulations.

Did they mention which trade you were selected for?

Yes they did, Engineering Officer. BMOQ on Sept 26

reboog said:
Update: I just got an early morning phone call from my file manager at CFRC Montreal informing me that I have been selected for my position! She also said that since I've moved back home to BC, I can have my file transferred to a nearby CRFC (New Westminster) and have my travel back to Montreal payed for by the army!

Good luck to all others who are waiting on the Montreal office for their offers! This means they the gears are turning, boys.

Congrats! Lets hope your luck rubs off on the rest of us who are told "expect a phone call real soon" lol

From everything I have seen (myself and others), phone calls seem to happen on Fridays - if that is any consolation for anyone. No use waiting by the phone Mon-Thurs. Good luck everyone.

Ayrsayle said:
From everything I have seen (myself and others), phone calls seem to happen on Fridays - if that is any consolation for anyone. No use waiting by the phone Mon-Thurs. Good luck everyone.

That is strange

I am also waiting for a call  from Fredericton center... I applied in December 2010 for nurse officer. I had a very good score on all my exams and my interview. I am waiting national selections for health services. My recruiter does not know when they will occur. I would love to be on the next BMOQ ...  I'm glad they begin calling ...

cnobbs84 said:
That is strange

No idea why either, but it seems everyone gets their formal phone call on friday (even though some of us find out sooner by asking, etc).

Interview should be soon... talked to the Barrie RC yesterday, they are just waiting for my criminal check to come back.

Hey Ayrsayle, did you get my PM?

My file has been with the bookings clerk for at least 2 weeks waiting for an interview date.  Best of luck to you estoguy.

clarkyo said:
My file has been with the bookings clerk for at least 2 weeks waiting for an interview date.  Best of luck to you estoguy.

When was the last time you followed up?  If its been a couple of weeks, give them a call. Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the grease...

Oh I am well aware of that estoguy...I left a message with them yesterday but have yet to receive a call back.  I would have gone in for a visit today but one of my neighbours offered to take me out for a spin in a corvette convertible.  Hard to turn that down  8).

I am still waiting for selection. Last week I called to check dates of selection and I have got my Employee Number. It was diffrent from my file number .
My file number is like K****** ( where *- digits)
But my Employee Number is like A****** ( where * - digits ).
Who guys know about this more?

Back