• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Direct Entry Officer (DEO) questions [Merged]

Ayrsayle said:
I'm in the same boat with the "any day now" - I was told 2-3 weeks, about..... two weeks ago? Figure I'll go in and ask on Thursday, seeing as how I move out to Edmonton Friday (making asking in person a wee bit more difficult). Cross your fingers guys, judgement day is soon to be upon us (grins). If anyone hears anything, post something on this thread (as we will all likely hear something around that time)
Did you go go in and ask on Thursday?

I called on Wed, still no update. Don't panic man, I'll be sure to post something up here as soon as I know anything.

Hurry up and wait :)

Hey guys,
I have been following this thread and figured I'd contribute some information.  I applied DEO Infantry Officer on April 1, 2011 at CFRC-Ottawa and was merit listed in early May.  I left a message for my file manager on July 4th to make sure everything was in order still and if they were aware of when the DEO Infantry Officer selections would take place.  A new file manager responded and informed me that I have an offer for a position in the CF, however all the details are not yet finalized, and he would be contacting me in 2 weeks time with a formal offer as I would be beginning BMOQ in September and they are extremely busy right now.  The ball seems to be rolling for us DEO applicants and I hope some more of you get some good news soon.  Best of luck to all of you!!

Cheers 

Brandon J said:
  A new file manager responded and informed me that I have an offer for a position in the CF, however all the details are not yet finalized, and he would be contacting me in 2 weeks time with a formal offer as I would be beginning BMOQ in September and they are extremely busy right now.  The ball seems to be rolling for us DEO applicants and I hope some more of you get some good news soon.  Best of luck to all of you!!
Good news!!!!!
Best of luck to all of us!!!

Thanks for the info Brandon - much appreciated! Congrats as well.

As an update - I have received an e-mail from my file manager as well in Vancouver - Accepted as a DEO Infantry Officer.

The news IS going out, or will be shortly for others.

Brandon J said:
Hey guys,
I have been following this thread and figured I'd contribute some information.  I applied DEO Infantry Officer on April 1, 2011 at CFRC-Ottawa and was merit listed in early May.  I left a message for my file manager on July 4th to make sure everything was in order still and if they were aware of when the DEO Infantry Officer selections would take place.  A new file manager responded and informed me that I have an offer for a position in the CF, however all the details are not yet finalized, and he would be contacting me in 2 weeks time with a formal offer as I would be beginning BMOQ in September and they are extremely busy right now.  The ball seems to be rolling for us DEO applicants and I hope some more of you get some good news soon.  Best of luck to all of you!!

Cheers 

Muchas gracias Brandon por la noticia.

Congratulations.

So, do you think we are jumping the gun a bit if we either make a thread or facebook group for those of us going on our BMOQ in Sept?

Just an Idea - I'd like to get to know you guys before I get there.

Ayrsayle said:
As an update - I have received an e-mail from my file manager as well in Vancouver - Accepted as a DEO Infantry Officer.

Congratulations! Let's hope for the best.

Brandon J said:
Hey guys,

Cheers 

Congrats Brandon, it's good to hear that they're finally starting selections. Fingers crossed!

Ayrsayle said:

Awesome man! Congratulations! Hopefully in another 6ish months I'll be in the same position. Still waiting on that backcheck. I can't remember who the other guy around here who was going for Infantry Officer is, but I'm glad to know you got it!

Congratulations to Ayrsayle!!!  Looks like we'll be at the same BMOQ.  To everyone waiting on an offer, best of luck and hopefully you hear from your file managers soon with good news.   

Let's definately create a facebook group for the guys or girls that will be going to BMOQ in september! Who is up for creating it and then sharing it here? :)

Any possible EME Officers here?? :D

I will happily set it up - just send me your ID in a PM and I'll send out the invites. At the moment I think it is just us three on the Forums - Two INF, One EME. I'm sure we'll see more in the next few weeks.

I have been merit listed for HCA, Inf O and Armour O. Still waiting lol

jmusic88 said:
Let's definately create a facebook group for the guys or girls that will be going to BMOQ in september! Who is up for creating it and then sharing it here? :)

Any possible EME Officers here?? :D

I'm on the EME list but my first choice is Eng Off =)

So did you get an offer for the EME position? or are you still on the merit list?

reboog said:
I'm on the EME list but my first choice is Eng Off =)

jmusic88 said:
So did you get an offer for the EME position? or are you still on the merit list?

No, I was all excited since a lot of you guys have been getting offers, so I called my CFRC (Montreal) today to ask if they had any news. They said selection hasn't happened yet and to sit tight some more. So yeah I'm still on the list.

I called today and couldn't reach file manager.I just checked file status - no changes for today.It is time to wait.
1st choice Construction Eng. (National Selection Board)
2nd choice EME (Local Selection Board)
For now I like more EME.But I don't know how many spots are opened and if our local (Montreal CFRC) will have selection for EME .

Back