• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Differences betwen PRes DP1 Artymen and Reg DP1

Bonko

Inactive
Reaction score
I understand that in PRes you only do up to Mod 4(I believe) of your DP1 FD Artymen, and in reg's you go up to Mod 6(Once again I believe). Can anyone clarify this for me and explain what the last two mods are? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the 81mm mortar and the M777?

Thanks.

M777 is taught as a conversion course, not on DP1, although sometimes it may follow it soon after depending on when the soldier shows up in a Regt.
Despite how it may appear, M777 is still not an in service weapon and will not be for about another 2 years, for now it is still a UOR or mission specific piece of kit and is only issued and taught to those going into high readiness training to deploy, and haven't had it already. The 81mm mortar is a separate course. Both of these courses happen after DP1, as to what Mod 5 and 6 contain right now, I'll leave that to those still in the training system to respond to
What brings the question up anyway?

I recently got my offer for a CT and was half-expecting to have to re-do one or more of my courses namely DP1. So when my offer came in, lo and behold I wouldn't have to do any courses over again!

Interesting
Mod 5 and 6, at least according to current TP's, includes such things as field craft and patrolling as it relates to defence of a gun position, very pertinent in today's operating environment, and supplementary tasks, such as assisting in the set up and operation of the MVI.

Whoever granted you the equivalencies to permit CT, without any supplemental training, was being very generous; I sure hope you have a patient Det commander to develop your skill sets

On my Dp1 for FD artillery Mod 5, and 6 were all about local defence, patrolling. That kind of stuff.

Back