• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Difference between Officer and NCM?

bdave

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know if this warranted a new thread, but I couldn't find this info anywhere and I didn't want to hijack some other threads. In any case, a mod can delete this.

So,

Only differences I know of are:
Officers get 6 merit points, NCM get 5 ; when leveling up.
NCM get 10 extra percentage points for success probability. Officers get nothing.

Are there other differences?

I think that's really it. If Mike does some sort of actual ranking system/uniform, then the visual aspect there would be different as well (Lt vs MCpl for example).

That's the only difference I've found.

There is one additional difference too: NCMs can go to 98% chance of success, while Officers max out at 95%.

Not at the moment... but if you really want it I can make a quick tweak to your profile.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Not at the moment... but if you really want it I can make a quick tweak to your profile.

What about changing to Officer AND gaining all those extra merit points? Can you do that? hahaha

SevenSixTwo said:
What about changing to Officer AND gaining all those extra merit points? Can you do that? hahaha

Only if he can take away 3% of your CE for all the missions you woulda failed.  ;D

Mike Bobbitt said:

It was more curiosity than anything else. Thanks.

Sort of... I can change your profile from NCM to Officer (or vice-versa) but having enjoyed the higher success rate of an NCM for all your previous missions, it seems unfair to then grant you retroactive Merit Points as and Officer... so I can CFR you and subsequent promotions will give you extra Merit Points, but otherwise your account would remain unchanged.

Not looking for a retro active deal at all, so that would be fine by me.

Back