• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Difference between Officer and NCM?

bdave

Reaction score
I don't know if this warranted a new thread, but I couldn't find this info anywhere and I didn't want to hijack some other threads. In any case, a mod can delete this.

So,

Only differences I know of are:
Officers get 6 merit points, NCM get 5 ; when leveling up.
NCM get 10 extra percentage points for success probability. Officers get nothing.

Are there other differences?

crooks.a

Reaction score
I think that's really it. If Mike does some sort of actual ranking system/uniform, then the visual aspect there would be different as well (Lt vs MCpl for example).

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
That's the only difference I've found.

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
There is one additional difference too: NCMs can go to 98% chance of success, while Officers max out at 95%.

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Not at the moment... but if you really want it I can make a quick tweak to your profile.

SevenSixTwo

Reaction score
Mike Bobbitt said:
Not at the moment... but if you really want it I can make a quick tweak to your profile.

What about changing to Officer AND gaining all those extra merit points? Can you do that? hahaha

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
SevenSixTwo said:
What about changing to Officer AND gaining all those extra merit points? Can you do that? hahaha

Only if he can take away 3% of your CE for all the missions you woulda failed.  ;D

larry Strong

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Mike Bobbitt said:

It was more curiosity than anything else. Thanks.

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Sort of... I can change your profile from NCM to Officer (or vice-versa) but having enjoyed the higher success rate of an NCM for all your previous missions, it seems unfair to then grant you retroactive Merit Points as and Officer... so I can CFR you and subsequent promotions will give you extra Merit Points, but otherwise your account would remain unchanged.

Dissident

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Not looking for a retro active deal at all, so that would be fine by me.