• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO pay for BOTC

DrSize

Inactive
Reaction score
I was told from the RC that I will be starting at 2nd LT pay right from the start.  My friend just got back from getting the paperwork for his offer and they told him that he(DEO) along with everyone else starts at Officer Cadet pay until they pass BOTC.

So we were both told two different things from the same RC.  So can anyone here tell me what it is??

Everyone will receive 2LT pay from the get go if they are DEO with a degree, a ROTP cadet who was on my course only got Cadet pay, but was backpayed after she completed the course. 

Hi,

Well, I have received contradictory answers with regards to how much I will be paid during BOTC.  I have been told that...
1. I will receive DEO entry pay of 3255/month
2. I will receive officer cadet pay of 1300/month and when done BOTC it will go up to 3806 and I will get retroactive pay as if I was making 3806 during BOTC as well
3. I will receive 2000+/month during BOTC and a bump up to 3255 afterwards with a similar retroactive paycheck.

Can anyone please shed some light on this.  My file manager kept telling me that all the details would be revealed when I am sworn in 2 days before I leave.  I have a wife and 3 kids (soon 4) and not knowing my salary for the next 4+ months is unacceptable as I need to plan for my family in my absence.

Thanks guys!!

It is best to search for common questions like this. I just searched "Officer Pay" and got this.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/26146.0.html

For a DEO you will be payed as 2LT from the get go. You will start at 3255/month or higher if they gave you a pay insentive.

Will you be on the course this January?

EDIT: Thats funny, I just noticed you asked this question before on the thread I posted (and you answered it). You getting nervous about going?  ;)

You will be told contrary things even when you arrive to St-Jean for IAP/BOTP. I was in a bit different situation this past fall (previous experience, different pay grade, etc), but I can tell you that almost everyone on my fall course was having trouble with their pay and couldn't get any straight answers. The problem lies in the fact they used to pay DEO's a 2Lt salary when they started, but in the past year or 2 they have said they will pay them an Ocdt level  and then give them retro pay when they graduate/are commissioned (I'd imagine it has something to do with the fact some people fail or in PAT limbo making pretty good salaries)... but there is no DEO level OCDT salary. They implemented a $600 hold back on some of us, others they did not (some were getting full 2Lt salary, some weren't)... not to mention there were people with the same education, same lack of mil experience, same work experience, same MOC, but yet different IPC.

If you PM me, I may be able to provide you with an email address of a guy who may have sorted stuff out.

My suggestion is to get your pay worked out ASAP, preferably before IAP/BOTP. One of my good buddies was still working out the kinks in his pay up until 2 hours before grad parade. You just don't have the time during the course to get admin periods... and when you do the course you will learn this quickly.

Cheers.

Well, just to bring in this thread even more confusion, I've been told by a recruiter that for JAG lawyers, you get paid as a Captain from the beginning of BOTC...

...whether that's true or not, doesn't make much difference to me: I'm in this for pride and honor, not money.

Don't know if there are differences between this trade and yours, but all I can tell you is this is what I've been told.

Later.

silverbach said:
Well, just to bring in this thread even more confusion, I've been told by a recruiter that for JAG lawyers, you get paid as a Captain from the beginning of BOTC...

That is only because a JAG is enrolled as a 2 ringer on SSE. Frankly, I think they should sign on as 2L and prove their worth.

silverbach said:

...whether that's true or not, doesn't make much difference to me: I'm in this for pride and honor, not money.

Don't know if there are differences between this trade and yours, but all I can tell you is this is what I've been told.

Later.

Doctors and Dentists are the same.

That is only because a JAG is enrolled as a 2 ringer on SSE. Frankly, I think they should sign on as 2L and prove their worth.

What do you mean by...a 2 ringer on SSE, Whiskey ?

silverbach said:

What do you mean by...a 2 ringer on SSE, Whiskey ?

2 Ringer = Capt
3 Ringer = Lt Col
4 Ringer = Col

Get it?

SSE = Short Service Engagement, the basic contract for most DEO officers.

I know I posted info about this question before but when I was given my offer, all of a sudden I was hearing different info than the recruiter(s) told me. 

I will be in BOTC in January.  Infantry all the way! 

Anyone else starting in Jan BOTC?  Which trade?

Back