• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO Health Care Admin Officer

F

farley84

Good day,

I did an updated interview with the RC a few weeks ago for Air Force Health Care Admin Officer and I am told that right now because i already have a degree in business my BBA they are seeing how much time they can "shave off" after basic training. My understanding is that this does not happen if you are not going to be hired. So my question is how long does this assessment usually take?

Thank you

i'm curious...what's the outcome?  what are you doing now?  how are you doing?

SheRa011 said:
i'm curious...what's the outcome?  what are you doing now?  how are you doing?

The OP does not seem to be a registered member her anymore so i wouldn't hold my breath for an answer.

All I can say is i'm pretty sure there were 8 positions in the country and 1 which was already filled and im not sure if that was from the 8 or not. They were not picking till august, so he might still be waiting. I think there were around 50+ people as of a few weeks ago going for the positions.

Farley84 was mine... however all my social media got hacked so I changed it. I am currently merit listed because the national selection board does not meet until August 12th. So just like everyone else I am playing the waiting game. And correct there are only 8 positions open nationwide.

Eastcoaster03 said:
All I can say is i'm pretty sure there were 8 positions in the country and 1 which was already filled and im not sure if that was from the 8 or not. They were not picking till august, so he might still be waiting. I think there were around 50+ people as of a few weeks ago going for the positions.

Eastcoaster03 are you a recruiter? If so I don't like the look of my chances lol.

as of Jul 13, the national recruiting centre told me there aren't any openings for HCA.  We will have to wait until next year's intake numbers.

SheRa011 said:
as of Jul 13, the national recruiting centre told me there aren't any openings for HCA.  We will have to wait until next year's intake numbers.

That is most likely correct. My understanding is that CFRC have the maximum amount of applications for this year because the board makes selections this August 12th. So I won't know about my file until at least then, unless I get a call about my other 2 trade options. 

cnobbs84 said:
That is most likely correct. My understanding is that CFRC have the maximum amount of applications for this year because the board makes selections this August 12th. So I won't know about my file until at least then, unless I get a call about my other 2 trade options.

That is exactly what I was thinking. They might have stopped taking in applications since they wouldn't have time to process etc. Ah well if anyone else calls their recruiting center let us know what they say, I will probably be calling early next week just to touch base.

As for the previous question... I just asked a lot of questions and got a lot of info when I was applying. That's why I had a good idea of the number of slots opened and people applying etc. Just tried to find out everything I could to weigh my chances since it was only that and Log O that I wanted to apply for.

I originally wanted LOGO but they won't be hiring for a few years so I am told. If for whatever reason I am not selected for HCA Armored or Inf my CFRC wants to put me thru for NCM

cnobbs84 said:
I originally wanted LOGO but they won't be hiring for a few years so I am told. If for whatever reason I am not selected for HCA Armored or Inf my CFRC wants to put me thru for NCM

Yeah it sucks that Log O isn't opening anytime soon because I was looking at a Navy Log O... travel etc would have been cool and the chance of moving back to the east coast was a benefit but oh well. HCA was my original choice before I decided I became interest in the Navy Logo anyway.

AmmoTech90 said:
It's Log O not LOGO which is a design or a progamming language.

Or a "graphic mark or emblem commonly used by commercial enterprises, organizations and even individuals to aid and promote instant public recognition".  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Or a "graphic mark or emblem commonly used by commercial enterprises, organizations and even individuals to aid and promote instant public recognition".  ;)

My bad... lol

AmmoTech90 said:
It's Log O not LOGO which is a design or a progamming language.

Meh I have limited experience in the Logistics officer world but generally I have found that half the Log Officers I work with use one way with the other half using the other way.  It seems to me that no one really has a heart ache about the abbreviation either way.  It usually however isn't all caps but rather LogO.

Hello all from Montreal,

I am currently wrapping up my Ph.D. thesis in the field of Logistics and Operations Management, and I would like to share with you my definition of a world class logistics model. According to US Council of logistics Management (Michigan State University), the Logistics model has its foundation in four key concepts:

1) Competency - Positioning: The selection of strategic and structural approaches to guide operations (networks design and optimization).

2) Competency - integration: The establishment of what to do and how to do it creatively within the context of the so-called Supply Chain Unification.

3) Competency - Agility: The achievement and retention of competitiveness and customer success.

4) Competency - Measurement: The internal and external monitoring of operations through IT, for instance.

AERO2012 said:
Hello all from Montreal,

I am currently wrapping up my Ph.D. thesis in the field of Logistics and Operations Management, and I would like to share with you my definition of a world class logistics model. . . . . . .

Huh? Relevance?

I guess this is a perfect example that having an advanced degree is no guarantee that one has gained any greater insight of how things work.

AERO2012 said:
1) Competency - Positioning: The selection of strategic and structural approaches to guide operations (networks design and optimization).

2) Competency - integration: The establishment of what to do and how to do it creatively within the context of the so-called Supply Chain Unification.

3) Competency - Agility: The achievement and retention of competitiveness and customer success.

4) Competency - Measurement: The internal and external monitoring of operations through IT, for instance.

Excellent work, I can see it on a Powerpoint slide at MUN in the near future. More meaningless dribble of definitions that I will have to memorize for a MC exam whilst still learning nothing.

Blackadder1916 said:
Huh? Relevance?

I guess this is a perfect example that having an advanced degree is no guarantee that one has gained any greater insight of how things work.

Indeed, having and advanced degree is no guarantee that one has gained any greater insight of how BAD things/practices work.

Back