• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEC and CIA

GreenArmychick said:
Another question on DEC/CIA

Can one be 100% combined disabilities, both systems and not be DEC or CIA?

Yes. Your rating has no bearing on the criteria for CIA and DEC.

GreenArmychick said:
I had to do the mental and physical testing from march of dimes before all of this.  2 days physical and 1 day mental.
physical, I can understand but what kind of mental testing can they do to assess your level of PTSD.?

a bunch of tests, I don't understand them, just go through them and they analyse them I guess.

Going in for my DEC appt with the shrink next week. CM asked if I was on LTD from an outside source? Yes Iam, how does this make a difference either way? Do I need to get off my LTD(quit my job) before applying for DEC? Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, looked up the policy on DEC, saying nothing reference this.  ???

corporalcannabis said:
Going in for my DEC appt with the shrink next week. CM asked if I was on LTD from an outside source? Yes Iam, how does this make a difference either way? Do I need to get off my LTD(quit my job) before applying for DEC? Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, looked up the policy on DEC, saying nothing reference this.  ???

DEC means you are unable to make 66.6% of your prerelease salary. So if you are employed and making that or more you would be denied. You need to be on LTD as that indicates you are permanently disabled/unable to work.

I was approved for CIA in January. In February my case manager scheduled me for DEC assessment and Last week it was approved.
My CM told me to apply for CIA supplement which I did. With all the changes on April 1 what is likely to happen?

I was told my CIA level may go to 2 but the supplement will be gone on 1 April..................Something does not make sense to me

prairefire said:
I was approved for CIA in January. In February my case manager scheduled me for DEC assessment and Last week it was approved.
My CM told me to apply for CIA supplement which I did. With all the changes on April 1 what is likely to happen?

I was told my CIA level may go to 2 but the supplement will be gone on 1 April..................Something does not make sense to me

If you get the supplement it will be grandfathered in after April 1st. Your CIA will switch over to the new APSC level which will be tax free. Level 1 is $1500 level 2 is $1000 and level 3 is $500 so if you are a level 2 CIA you will get level 2 APSC.

Back