• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dec 21 - Happy Birthday, The RCD & The RCR

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Dec 21 the birthday of two senior Canadian Regiments.

The Royal Canadian Dragoons, and The Royal Canadian Regiment were created on, Dec 21, 1883, by an act of parliament.

One hundred and twenty four years of unbroken service, first in the Permanent Force, then in the regular Canadian Army.

Both of these regiments are senior, the RCD is the senior Armour Regiment, and The RCR is the senior Infantry Regiment.

Of the two, the RCD is senior as they were mentioned a few seconds before The RCR during the proclamation. ;)

party3.gif

Audax et Celer and Pro Patria

(Edits for minor SD.)

Happy Birthday and best wishes for the Season to all present and former members of two of the most illustrious frontline combat regiments in modern military history.  To all the soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice to ensure that these regiments were never dishonoured in battle, God bless your noble souls. :cdnsalute:

Michael O`Leary said:
And for those drinking the Regiment's health tomorrow - The Ortona Toast

Pro Patria

And Pro Patria to you too as well Michael.

I will be partaking of the festivities here tomorrow, ergo very late tomorrow night -- I may need the mods to babysit me.  :)

:cheers:

Pro Patria to all my Regimental brothers!!

I will never forget last years Ortona toast in Howzi Midad with Charles Coy...

Anyone else see the RCD Christmas card this year?

If you want to have some fun, point out two problems with it:

(1) The RCD have no tanks of their own; and

(2) The tank on their card is Spanish...

Oh, there are other regimental and formation Christmas cards that I'm getting into trouble over... suffice it to say that I'm probably persona non grata throughout the C&E world, and the AD arty world to boot...

Ebenezer 'the Grinch' Scrooge said:
Dec 21 the birthday of two senior Canadian Regiments.

The Royal Canadian Dragoons, and The Royal Canadian Regiment were created on, Dec 21, 1883, by an act of parliament.

One hundred and twenty four years of unbroken service, first in the Permanent Force, then in the regular Canadian Army.

Both of these regiments are senior, the RCD is the senior Armour Regiment, and The RCR is the senior Infantry Regiment.

Of the two, the RCD is senior as they were mentioned a few seconds before The RCR during the proclamation. ;)

(Edits for minor SD.)

It's always quaint to see the young'uns celebrating their rather short history but I guess you have to start somewhere...

On 20 October 1871, The Royal Regiment formed the first Canadian Regular army units when two batteries of garrison artillery were created.

http://www.artillery.net/English/history.htm

Happy Birthday none the less to all great Canadians (past, present and future) who have served two proud (albeit junior) Regiments.  ;)

dapaterson said:
Anyone else see the RCD Christmas card this year?

If you want to have some fun, point out two problems with it:

(1) The RCD have no tanks of their own; and

(2) The tank on their card is Spanish...

Not according to the CO's Christmas message. They have already started arriving.

Actually, Recce By Death, just did Mine Plow Trials with one in Pet last month........

The RCD have 2 tanks Leo c1's.
The mine plow and up armoured tank was a trial and has since disappeared again.
The rest of the tanks will be here in Jan.
I shall be having a drink tomorrow as well.

Bon Fete.

X-mo-1979 said:
The RCD have 2 tanks Leo c1's.
The mine plow and up armoured tank was a trial and has since disappeared again.
The rest of the tanks will be here in Jan.
I shall be having a drink tomorrow as well.

Bon Fete.

;D

So.......At time of mailing they had tanks?   ;D

Back on track . .  .

To all who have served, and continue to serve in these two fine regiments, Happy Birthday! May there be many more. And for those Dragoons and Royals serving in harm's way, our thoughts especially are with you today.

George Wallace said:
Actually, Recce By Death, just did Mine Plow Trials with one in Pet last month........

As pointed out, 2 are in the hanger right now, more arriving soon.          ;)

Who cares about a card, it's the sentiment that counts.

Happy Birthday to the Regiment across the street.              :cheers:

Regards

Happy Birthday fellow Royals, and Dragoons.
I know it's going to be an odd request at the places I'll be going to tonight, but it'll be worth it :D

Back