• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Debate, split from: Latest Canadian Honours and Awards Sep 2009

I have been reading both threads with my own thoughts in mind. Using simysmom99's and ArmyVern's posts as simmering opinions, I think it is incumbent on those who have received recognition to continue to represent the ideals in which they have been acknowledged and if needed speak up to better represent those deserving members who have not been nominated as well. My  :2c:

At the beginning of my last tour our Battle Group commander instructed all the leadership that "its only his job" is a thing with "our" units.He said he didnt want to have that happen on our tour,writing stuff off as "only his job".And instructed us to write up exceptional things that our guys were involved in.However again many will go unnoticed.Nature of the beast.

I'm actually a little disappointed as this part of the forum was sounding like a bunch of fat bitter cpl's sitting in the smoking area bitching about how they never got medals.

I hate the fact that every time someone gets promoted,someone gets an award there is always those few bitter people who bitch cause they did "x" in "y" country and didnt get anything.

What ever happened to just being happy for our guys.

I read of one Australian air commander who insisted on "no living V.C.'s in 8 Group".
Yet his men ( many of whom were Canadians ) took an "intense pride" in belonging to his elite Pathfinder unit. Go figure!

X-mo-1979 said:
I hate the fact that every time someone gets promoted,someone gets an award there is always those few bitter people who bitch cause they did "x" in "y" country and didnt get anything.

What ever happened to just being happy for our guys.

Post of the day!  :cheers:

Back