• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV

benny88

Inactive
Reaction score
A show where they pit different types of warriors from different geographical areas and time periods, evaluate their weapons and tactics and run a computer simulation to see who would win. Seems to have spawned by various bar room arguments.

List of episodes so far:

Apache vs Roman Gladiator
Samurai vs Viking
Spartan vs Ninja
Knight vs Pirate
Mafia vs Yakuza
and tonight was:
Green Beret vs Spetsnaz

Pretty cheesy, but I think lots of people here would get a kick out of it, check it out. The latest full episode is available on the link, others can be downloaded or youtubed.

Why do I get the feeling they are leading it all up to the much anticipated Pirate Vs. Ninja battle

JBoyd said:
Why do I get the feeling they are leading it all up to the much anticipated Pirate Vs. Ninja battle

I hope so.  I was very disappointed when they matched pirates and ninjas up with knights and Spartans.  Maybe pirates vs ninjas will be saved for the season finale?

They are going to have a IRA Vs. Taliban episode coming up too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_Warrior

I love this show! Much more entertaining than some of the other drivel on TV. My section even has a pool at work where we guess who wins each week.

I think Viking v Spartans would be a much more even battle. 2 huge warrior cultures duke it out. That, and Ninjas v Pirates of course.

PuckChaser said:
I love this show! Much more entertaining than some of the other drivel on TV. My section even has a pool at work where we guess who wins each week.

I think Viking v Spartans would be a much more even battle. 2 huge warrior cultures duke it out. That, and Ninjas v Pirates of course.

I think thats the point (if there is one), is to match up two completely different warrior classes (for the most part).  Although calling Yakuza vs mafia/ IRAvTaliban warrior match ups is a bit of a stretch.  And by a bit I mean a lot.

Barney v.s. Hello Kitty,...

Let's hear for a REAL death match!

(edited for dumb-a** spelling on my part)

Well I watched the Samurai vs Viking episode when it first aired, and called BS; I haven't watched one yet; but that is partly due to no TV and slow unreliable internet.

I've seen most of them.  They are interesting for the demonstrations of individual weapons and effects on the body.  I would argue that many of us would want to closely examine the methdology for the computer simulation of the "combat phase" before we'd be ready to accept the results.  I suggest taking that part as only one possibility, but one that also presents a challenge to identify aspects they aren't addressing which may affect the outcomes.

I actually really like this show, how much faith i put in their determined outcomes I don't know, but it's great to see what the weapons do against the Ballistic Gel, and the other various tests they put them through.

And Pirates would ruin them ninjas  :threat:

Teflon said:
Barney v.s. Hello Kitty,...

Let's hear for a REAL death match!

(edited for dumb-a** spelling on my part)

You mean in the cage with Mad Dog Vachon vs. Hulk Hogan?  Or maybe even a Texas Bunkhouse Match?

No I mean Barney v.s. Hello Kitty, that s**t would be fierce!

Big Bird vs Barney. That purple dinosaur needs his a$$ kicked. :nod:

Seriously, I watched the Apache vs the Gladiator...and found it wanting. I will not watch any more.

Big Bird is pretty bad a** and Barney is in need of a good A** kicking but I don't know, Barney could go all valosarapter on his feathered a**!

But if the end comes done to a spelling bee, Big Bird will so work that hug-giving dinosaur

Just wait for the TMNT vs teletubbies gang fight episode.    >:D

Teflon said:
gang fight, sounds more like a gang rape to me!

TMNT rock!!! April O'Neill was the best. And Master Shredder was pretty freakin good for a big rat!

Who was the villain? Rocksteady and BeBop were so totally clueless.

Wasn't Splinter (or something like that) the big rat, Shredder the bad under-boss in the garbage can suit, and the main-boss a weird blob carried around in the stomach of this big bald oger?  ???

Back