• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Daypack

Cam2013

Inactive
Reaction score
Perhaps a dumb question but I will ask the experts!  Are you able to use the issued daypack for personal use?

Cam2013 said:
Perhaps a dumb question but I will ask the experts!  Are you able to use the issued daypack for personal use?

Some do.  http://lookatmyfuckingarmybag.blogspot.ca/

It could be considered in bad taste to do so under certain circumstances.......most circumstances.

Are you by chance the type of person who goes clubbing and wear your Dog Tags?  If so, perhaps you would like to read this:  http://thoughtcatalog.com/belmont-du-maurier/2014/04/5-ways-to-spot-an-army-douchebag/

I don't have the link to the dress reg but you are not allowed to mix civ clothing with military clothing, but in the middle of the bush who will be there to tell you that. I would not walk in the middle of town with it thought.

Bioroots said:
I don't have the link to the dress reg but you are not allowed to mix civ clothing with military clothing, but in the middle of the bush who will be there to tell you that. I would not walk in the middle of town with it thought.

The distinction between clothing and equipment would likely fall into play here.  Would you be calling a day pack or rucksack an article of clothing, not a piece of equipment?

To stretch that premise, then it would fall under Dress Regs that one not drive a military vehicle while wearing civilian clothing.

Short answer...no.

Issue kit is not for personal use...hiking, camping yadda yadda.

Using it to carry (whatever) is authorized in relation to a military task/duty.

There are a myriad of other daypacks on the civ market that are superior to what is issued if you're willing to pay.

George Wallace said:
To stretch that premise, then it would fall under Dress Regs that one not drive a military vehicle while wearing civilian clothing.

Are you able to provide a citation for that?

I looked at one point and couldn't find anything on it... this was after someone got quite upset that I, as a member of the OPFOR staff, was driving an milcot while wearing civies (It was our dress of the day at the time).

The individual was quite irate about it, and I got into it with them at the time over it, mostly to distract attention from the MLVW that was driving past behind their back, packed with the rest of the platoon, all in civies, with the exception of their issued helmets, as required.

It was very much a Sgt. Bilko type moment that to be honest with, I was quite proud of.

Still say they were full of it.

a Sig Op said:
Are you able to provide a citation for that?

::)

Pay attention to detail.  Read that reply again and the reference it is to.  If you have any questions; ask them after you have digested the whole discussion.

I'm sorry were you being sarcastic the first time? It's rather easy to miss that in an Internet post... Are you just being an *** in the follow up? That's hard to tell sometimes too.

Any clarification of both issues would be cheerfully appreciated.

a Sig Op said:
I'm sorry were you being sarcastic the first time? It's rather easy to miss that in an Internet post... Are you just being an *** in the follow up? That's hard to tell sometimes too.

Any clarification of both issues would be cheerfully appreciated.

This must have sailed miles over your head:

George Wallace said:
To stretch that premise, .......

Anyway......Bioroots has been called on straying outside their lanes in another reply in a similar thread. 

George Wallace said:

Re-read it several times, that's definitely the part that sailed over my head, as it's still unclear.

I thought you meant it had already been stretched and, and whoever stretched put it in writing in the dress instructions.

Thank you for clarifying.

Now back to our regularly schedule "can I wear my kit to impress my friends and fish for free coffee" conversation.

George Wallace said:

Anyway......Bioroots has been called on straying outside their lanes in another reply in a similar thread. 
Once again I went with what I was told by the COC and never look it up my self. Seem to me like the COC is full of people that do what there told and never look up the information or as the guts to step up and say that the information is wrong.

Ill make sure I have ref next time I write something. 

George Wallace said:
Some do.  http://lookatmyfuckingarmybag.blogspot.ca/

Solid gold : )
Whomever runs that site deserves a prize. 

Ref:A-DH-265-000/AG-001, 2-1-14,Para:46
46. Visible civilian items of apparel shall not be
worn by members with any uniform, except where
specifically authorized in these instructions.
Conversely, items of uniform shall not be worn with
civilian attire, except for accessories and garments
(e.g., top-coat, raincoat, gloves, scarf and footwear)
which do not include any CF insignia and by
themselves do not explicitly identify the wearer as a
member of the CF.

I wouldn't call the daypack a uniform (or a part of one).  I'm pretty sure they're allowed to be used when wearing civilian clothing.  I just think it looks dumb.  :2c:

Back